We might see Locker in some Read Option next season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 24, 2013.

1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff Member

A good article in the Tennessean and this one in PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oncern/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I have mixed feelings on this. I think DCs will have a full offseason to work on stopping it and be better prepared going into next season. Maybe it's one of those things that is done a handful of times but I don't see Locker as the kind of player to slide or run out-of-bounds if he thinks he can get a few more yards.
  2. Titan43

Titan43 Starter

I agree, I hope this is just a few packages that they might run everyonce in a while. I don't think that a full offense based off of read-option will last much longer in the NFL. DCs have too much tape on it now.
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

QBs are too pricey as well. What happens to SF when Kaepernick gets his 1st concussion? Who's their backup now?
  4. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

The 49ers ran the read option a lot less during the regular season. It will be best played in small doses for injury reasons, and then come full steam in the playoffs.
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

The read option isn't sustainable in the NFL. Eventually guys like RG3, Cam Newton and Russell Wilson will get older and slow down and they'll needed to be real quarterbacks.
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

but in the mean time it works well and the Titans definitely need to do something
  7. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

At least they know its a sparing use type play and arnt trying to rely on it as a cure all.
  8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Starter

Yea. While the Titans quarterbacks are all awesome now!
  9. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Yeah, they need to improve the talent level of the offense, which I think they've done.
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

RG3, Wilson, and Kaepernick are real QBs, and they don't need the read option to play well. But it certainly fits their skill set and makes it harder on defenses.

We need to be running at least 10 of these plays every game.