We have to take advantage of this FA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Mar 10, 2013.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Boats

he bought them boats
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

they might not know it yet, but his play last year elevated their value all across the league

3rd best line in football
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

Or vice versa
  4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Special Teams Standout

I'm excited about this offseason.
    We have alot of holes, but we have a lot of cap space. The signing of Wilson was very timely, I still think we draft a SS a some point. We still have alot of cap to fill some needs, and also more if need be through restructuring. The guys I'd like to see are as follows:

Martellus Bennett TE - He is a slightly slower better blocking Cook. Good age. I'd offer him 4y/22m(I like Myers and Keller as other options)
    Louis Vasquez RG - I prefer him to Levitre because he's more of a road grader and is a natural RG. He might even be less expensive. 5y/32m
    Cornerback - There is a slew of decent free agent CB's available in FA. I think we need to grab a decent one and move Verner to the nickel . The guy I'd really like is Asomugha. Others I like include Gamble, Cason and Talib. 2y/10m
    Running Back - We are rubbish at drafting RB, part from CJ. I think we should add a big RB before the draft eliminating that need. I like Bradshaw the most, others include Turner, Ivory and maybe Jacobs. 2-3m.

So ideally Vasquez, Bennett, Asomugha and Bradshaw.
    In the draft we go in looking for:
    1. DT
    2.DE
    3.OG/C
    3.(c)SS,
    4. WR
    5.Back-up MLB
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

I hope for a somewhat similar free agency period but i find myself asking is this isn't too much to hope for. Is there any precedent for a team with a similar cap situtation acquiring so many free agents? I feel like like in past free agency periods teams normally add only like 1 or 2 free agents. Adding 5 guys at positions of need would be amazing.
  6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Special Teams Standout

Depends if people wanna keep there jobs. I spent about 20m in cap hit there. If we dont have that now, we can easily get to it.
  7. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

So he bought them something they can use 4 months out of the year in Minnesota.

Awesome.
  8. JCBRAVE

You pretend like they stay in Minnesota all year
  9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I'm sure some do. Big boys like cold weather.
  10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Starter

We need 2 new guards and a center period. I do not care how we get them. We need a pass rusher and at least decent safeties. We need a power back and some depth at MLB since Mac cannot stay on the field. Many many holes to fill.