We found rocks on Mars!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhiSlammaJamma, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Not to be harsh... but had we spent all that money on poverty/starvation who is to say everyone wouldn't have died of disease due to overpopulation? There are no new worlds to discover on earth... so they started to look elsewhere.

The advancements in space exploration may look small but they are actually a great deal larger then they seem. So we haven't found any alternative human life (cause it seems to me thats the only thing that would make you say WOW) the technology that we have come to use alone was worth the time they have spent.

So your concerned with poverty, I understand that... what are YOU doing about it? Cause I can't stand people who go on about our government fixing things when they won't lift a finger. (not a personal attack, just persepective)

2. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

To be fair, i don't get the "rocks" thing either, but I do support space exploration.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

space explorations is as pointless as having mike reinfeldt as our GM...there will be no progress....

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Don't feed the troll.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because before money was spent in space exploration, there was no such thing as poverty and starvation? :rolleyes:

Reality check, people suffered from starvation, disease, poverty, terrorism and what not before we ventured into space. Nothing has changed.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If Mars becomes another inhabitable planet, then the 15 billion could save the human species. It is worth every penny in my opinion. It is inevitable that earth will at some point be hit by something, the evidence is everwhere, so it will be nice to have somewhere to go when this sad event occurs, or the machines take over, lol.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What are you talking about? It gives us great footage for the ride at DisneyWorld :)

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

How would sending an object millions of miles away help against medevil morons who will blow themselves up as their primary objective?

Earthquake victims? How would sending an object millions of miles away help people who are trapped under rubble?

Start to rebuild New Orleans? How would sending an object millions of miles away help people who build their coastal city below sea level?

You have found your way to a Titan fan site so I know you are not stupid so I am eagerly awaiting answers to these questions.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

That incomprehensible Appalachian State offense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar