We found rocks on Mars!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhiSlammaJamma, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Uber exciting. Rocks rocks and more.............rocks.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Even though it's just rocks I wish more money was put into the space program. Their is a whole universe out there. Especailly after you watch UFO Hunters.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I agree 100%. The answers to many important questions that have long eluded us (disease cures etc.) are out there.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

psssh. I'd rather we scrap it all and focus on important things. Education, Disease, Starvation, etc.
    But some people get their rocks off by seeing pictures of rocks, I guess. How many years have we been exploring space? What have we found? Anything? How much money have we dumped in to it?

Just doesn't seem like it's a good investment. Throwing money down the drain because some guys liked Star Wars a bit too much.

5. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Imagine, though, if while exploring space we find a new fuel source or plant growth. You talk about education... thats exactly what we are doing, finding answers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Playmaker

exactly

7. Deuce Wayne

IF. What if we find those things here on earth instead and save a few 100 billion a year?
    This isn't education. It's a bunch of kids that never grew up out of wanting to be space crusaders. Rocks. They're making a big deal out of finding ROCKS.

I think that sums up just how much this stuff is worth. I've got rocks in my drive way.

8. The Playmaker

pretty sure it's not like that

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Very narrow, Glote... The answers to all the things you say we should focus may just come via space exploration. It's got nothing to do with Star Wars.

10. Deuce Wayne

So, as I asked: In the 40 years or so that we've been exploring space - what have we found?
    I honestly don't know of anything while their may be something. However, if not, the odds aren't looking too good and I'd like to know the amount of money total that we've thrown away while kids starve to death every day.

Because in the end, the discovery better be something that can resurrect all the people we're losing due to poverty and starvation. Or save more than we've lost or else it simply doesn't make any sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar