We can expect the unexpected

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

As a fan I'm almost always surprised by the players the Titans pick on draft day; I think most of us are. Thats not to say that the players they choose don't turn out to be good players they are just not ones we tend to expect. This is especially true when we see obvious "needs" that the team must address from our perspective. Seems to be the the Titans F.O. just doesn't see things the same way that, we, the fans do. All that is fine since we are all arm chair quarterbacks and our F.O. and staff is make up of football professionals. Personally I highly trust our F.O. and I think we are blessed with one of the best in all of football. MR,RW and Munch have been amazing as have our scouts. That said I'd like to throw up a couple of mocks, one being what I think we should do based on need mostly and one whose "style" I think will reflect something the Titans will do.

My prediction for the Titans. Remember, I'm expecting the unexpected. This draft I see pure athletes with the goal of making the Titans a much faster more athletic team.

1. Coby Fleener - TE, Stanford
    2. Sean Spence - OLB, Miami
    3. Trumaine Johnson - CB, Montana
    4. Phillip Blake - C, Baylor
    4c. Chris Rainey - RB, Florida
    5. Donte Paige-Moss - DE, North Carolina
    6. Ryan Miller - G, Colorado
    7. Tony Dye - SS, UCLA

My draft.

1. Mark Barron SS, Alabama
    2. Sean Spence - OLB, Miami
    3. Mike Martin - DT Michigan
    4. David Molk - C Michigan
    4c. Malik Jackson - DE Tennessee
    5. Lucas Nix - G Pitt
    6. Jeff Demps - RB/KR, Florida
    7. Austin Davis - QB, Southern Miss

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

If we go TE in the 1st, I'm going to kill myself.

• High Five High Five x 8
  3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

If we could get Fleener in the second round and he was BPA, the guy could be the next Gronk.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Eh, he won't be there in the 2nd when we pick.

The Titans have said that if there is a "special" offensive player on the board at 20 then they'd take him. We all know what a big athletic TE can do the the middle of the field (Grok, Hernandez, Graham). I'd much prefer having the best TE in the draft over say a Jeffery or Randle since, most likely, Blackmon, Floyd and Wright will be off the board. Think of the mismatches that could be created running a two TE set with Cook and Fleener? Talk about a team having to defend every single blade of grass... (CJ, Britt, Washington, Cook, Fleener)!!!

I'm not saying I want Fleener, however I surely wouldn't kill myself if we did. Not sure I could ever be upset taking someone with the size of Grok and Graham but waaaay faster than them both.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Guarantee I would've won as many superbowls as the Titans by now had I been GM over the past decade.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

though i do agree that the titans are full of surprises on draft day... (Locker last year was a reach, and morgan was a surprise to be there by our pick.. ) i dont think we'll pick a TE our first pick....
    willing to bet that we pick up a player that dropped due to the QB and WR hype

7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Nope, Gronk is 20 lbs heavier and a much better blocker

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hasselbeck doesn't look for TE's, so no way we go TE at 20.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

LOL. I hear ya, I feel the same way sometimes.

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I didn't know Jared Cook being our second leading receiver meant that Hasselback doesn't like throwing to the TE?

Also their might be a different in size between the two, however Fleener is coming out of a pro style offense in Standford and could be the same type as play making TE Gronkowski turned into.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar