We are still minor league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VolnTitan, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

So here it is an historic weekend for Nashville. Bruce Matthews, the first person ever to wear a Titan uniform, is being inducted into the HOF. Can't wait to see the great coverage our local paper, The Tennessean, is going to provide.

The only problem is...there will be NO one from the Tennessean going to the ceremony to cover the induction. No one. The Tennessean in its wisdom has decided that due to budgetary concerns (are you kidding?) they feel the money can be better spent covering training camp. Never mind the fact that there won't be any training camp occuring during the induction because most of the staff will be in Canton.

Personally I am stunned and ashamed and I told Larry Taft, the sports editor, this. I can't imagine a John Bibb or such would have made such an ignorant decision.

If you feel the same, drop old larry a line: [email protected]

It's a shame that the Houston media will be covering it more that the home town team's paper.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Are you kidding me? Screw the Tennessean. I do know, however, that the Wake Up Zone on 104.5 the Zone will be broadcasting from Canton tomorrow morning.

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Disrespectful- he's the first real "Titan" to make it to the HOF and the hometown newspaper won't be there for "budget" concerns- heck send a writer on a plane and let him cover it- thats really low of the Tennessean- I got a feeling that they just don't care...

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

How much you wanna bet John McClain is up there? Pathetic...

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I really am ashamed to call myself a native Nashvillian right now. Again, did they send reporters and photographers to Vegas and Georgia? I think you can fly to Cleveland for well under $100 on Southwest and I bet the Tennessean can afford a room. Heck, I bet a flight leaves that night so they don't even have to stay over.

I never write and complain, but I did this time.

6. c'mon man.. you know they did...

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That is downright embarrasing. I am actually amazed the Titans haven't made more of a deal about this either.

8. OneYardShort

OneYardShort Camp Fodder

Can't say that I am one to get up in arms about something, but this really pissed me off. I sent a strongly worded letter myself. If this site has taught me anything, it's that the members here have a better grasp of what's going on that the writers at that "newspaper". If I don't get a personal responds from someone on the staff, I don't believe I'll be buying any more papers from them. This is a poor excuse for journalism.

9. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Absolutely embarassing. I tried sending an email but my computer wouldnt send it. Here is what I wrote though.

"Do you know how embarassing this is? This is our hometown professional football team and an outstanding player who is one of the most respected football players to ever play the game and an actual man in people's eyes. So you would rather spend your money on covering a convict to see how much trouble he has gotten in? Well that is a lot of class my friend."

10. ONUV

ONUV Starter

not to make excuses, but we're a small market team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar