We are really missing hall!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I try lol..I do admit he is my favorite player and I would hate to turn on him after a few games but I am worried about him as well as the line because if they both don't step it up we obviously won't be nearly as good as we could be this year. I'm always a Titans fan before any player anyway.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Also, CJ just doesn't look like the same guy anymore. If you're watching the game objectively I don't see how anyone could deny that. Sure he'd produce more with better blocking. So would every other back in the league. Again I ask, if he needs top notch blocking to be effective then why exactly did we pay him all that money?

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Yea. I'm sure the team knew our o-line was garbage in the run game last year so why did they bother spending the money for him when you aren't going to try to improve the blocking? Did they just blindly look at CJ's rushing yards in the offseason and see 1370 yards and assume the O-line would be fine again? I would hope not lol. I think a better formula is to get a good o-line and then a lot of RB's would look good. There's like 15 or so RBs in the league right now that could look elite any week.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, we're all Titans fans at the end of the day. This is a frustrating time for all of us. I guess we should just be happy we're 2-1 right now. And just to clarify, I'm not a "hater". I would honestly love nothing more than for CJ to pop off 200 yards next week. It's just infuriating for me to watch people making so many excuses for him. He may not deserve ALL the blame for his poor start. But he deserves just as much blame as anyone else.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Haters rode it like a cheap prostitute. That's what.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Our O-Line is not run blocking good. Is it your stand that they are?

Defenses are selling out to stop CJ. Even if you're blind and can't see it, Ray Lewis said it in an interview just to verify that was the gameplan.

Quinn may not be the best blocker in the world, but I'm not sure Ahmard Hall would be doing much better right now. I actually wonder why we we're not giving Quinn some carries while he's here. I love watching him finish his runs.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I do think that part of the negotiation on the Titans side was to pay CJ for past performance, and I actually agree with that (I just hope that the "Titans FO are Satan" club remembers this the next time they want to drag our FO through the dirt for making business decisions that ALL other teams make). I am not a CJ hater either....I really want him to get through this. I agree that the OL is a large part of the problem...my only point here is that he now getting paid as a top playmaker, and now it is time for him to perform as a top playmaker. No excuses...if he cannot catch a 5 yard pass in space consistently when he cannot make plays on the ground then he is NOT a top playmaker...sorry, but it is what it is guys.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hall's return should spark the run game, should. Not 100% if it will since Hall has been gone a month. But let's be hopeful it does. Losing Kenny Britt IMO hurts the run game more than not having our FB, if that makes any sense.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If one fullback is the difference between a back having little production and pro bowl production then why isn't the fullback making ten million a year?

We heard the bs about Eddie and Lorenzo Neal many times. So why didn't we keep Lorenzo and cut Eddie loose?

It's our runningback who said he was an elite play maker and is being paid like one but he needs some minimum wage fullback to succeed? He can only catch perfectly thrown soft balls?

Darren Sproles is playing on a 4 year $14M contract and he is producing big time for his team. Sproles would have caught those balls i bet.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I agree that CJ doesn't look like the same guy, but I'm not sure it would be possible to look like the same guy. He average something like 3.5 or 4 yards before he was first touched in '09. Yesterday, he was breaking a tackled and making 2 or 3 guys miss on 1 and 2 yard gains. You can say he doesn't run straight to the hole, but Ringer is very good about that and was what, 4 for -7 yesterday?

Just hoping something opens up at some point and when it does, CJ (or whoever) can do something with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar