We are going to make the play-offs.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what are the odds of winning out? ;)

Seriously though, you actually have brought something to the table here other than wishful thinking. I think the Titans can beat the Jets and Chiefs if they play the right kind of game. I don't really know about all that help though. What are the odds Cleveland slips enough?

jmac1383, last year we needed a win PLUS a Bengals loss, a Broncos loss and a Chiefs win over Jacksonville. That would have put three teams at 9-7 for the last Wild Card spot and since Kansas City would have eliminated Denver in the division tiebreaker Tennessee would get in based on division record. A Jets loss wouldn't have helped them since the Jets beat the Titans earlier in the year.

2. HAHA Bipolar that was funny. Props man!!! But All Im saying is if we win out theres a lot of things that can happen.

This week we gotta hope Jacksonville loses, then if they beat the Raiders and go 9-6 that means we gotta hope that the Texans beat them and get up big time for this game as it will be thier last home game of the season. Thats one thing

The next thing is we gotta hope Buffalo wins this week. So next week when the play the G-men they lose that game and lose to philly so they would be out.

We gotta hope the browns lose, but if they browns win we then gotta hope they lose the next two games against the 49ers and Bengals.

So it all starts with us winning out and if that happens I think we can get some help along the way. I think it will come down to the last week like it did last year. But I do think we will make the play-offs and be a team to be recked with. Big Al would eat Manning and Brady and that lil ***** LT, Merriman

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

As much as I'd like to share the optimism that we will make the playoffs, i don't have a lot of belief in the team I've watched this season. Our only real quality win came in week 1. If anything this team appears to be getting worse throughout the season.

That being said, the end of the season is the right time to get hot. This season isn't over, and nothing about a Herm Edwards Chiefs team scares me, except their home field advantage.

IF, this team can play up to its potential in every phase of the game (O,D,ST), then I believe the Titans can play with anyone. It's almost too late, so it starts now or bring on 2008.

I have optimism that the Browns will choke their advantage away, but that's meaningless if the Titans can't handle business.

How soon till Chris Henry gets back? We need him. Will this be his fourth game of the suspension?

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Is this before or after monkeys fly out of my butt?

[​IMG]

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

85% chance we make the play-offs if we win out.

All we can control is winning out. The rest will be what it is gonna be.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Well, that settles it. Pack your bags. We're headed to Pittsburgh!

7. Riverman

Just data BP. Sorry if it is too rough on your delicate tissues.

[​IMG]

85% chance of making playoffs if we win out.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

you sure have done an "about face" since yesterday.

9. Riverman

Sunday's loss was one of the worst I've felt and certainly made worse by watching it happen live in front of me. Before I found that website, I wanted to forget about the rest of this season. Hell- I didn't want to watch another game with Chow and Schwartz on staff. (I'm still not certain I'm over that.)

But seeing those statistics and scenarios on that page- particularly the 85% chance of making the playoff if we win out- that REALLY opened my eyes. It brought into focus what almost each one of the players have been saying in different ways- that basically the only thing that they can control is winning the games in front of them. That didn't mean much to me because I thought that even if they did that- so what- that is what the Brown's, Bill's, Jag's etc players are ALL saying and they have a much better chance of doing.

But that page- it said 85%. I looked a little deeper- Browns v Bills this weekend will take care of one of the other (hopefully the Bill win). The Browns then got to get past the Bengals in Cinci-and that is DEFINATELY no gimme. The Bills have to beat the Giants and Eagles- that definately won't be easy.

So do I feel good about beating KC (away) and NYJ (home)? You bet. Do I feel good about beating Indy (away)? If they are resting their starters which they traditionally do when they have clinched- you bet I do.

So in my book- not all is lost yet. We take care of KC and after this week our chances get bumped back up significantly- especially if the Bills beat the Browns. My hopes will live for another week.

85% chance we make the playoffs if we win out.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

for Riverman...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uO_vFuzPJvc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uO_vFuzPJvc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar