We are going to make the play-offs.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

I know what we should do! We should all break out our "Just Believe" T-shirts for this Sunday's game! :grrhee:

Just Believe T-shirt thread...

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I'm investing in Shoney's stock as we speak!....:yes:

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

It all depends on Cinci? I don't like our chances.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Last home game for Cinci for a disappointing season. Potential play-off spoiler for division rival- I don't know. I kind of like Cinci's chances. I know they can keep up with them for scoring- especially with Cleveland's weak secondary.

It is crazy, but I think the weather is going to have a tremendous effect on Cinci's chances in this game. Obviously, good weather improves Cinci's (and thus our play-off) chances of winning.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

All thats needed is win out and Bengals beat Cleveland. Is that correct? Cincy can beat the Browns

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

If we win out and pittsburgh loses to baltimore, how would they have the tiebreaker?

7. Riverman

8. DJB

DJB Starter

I'm having flashbacks of the final two weeks last season with all the stats and probabilities and the hoping for other teams losing

9. Riverman

The only reason I want to get in is to get VY a play-off game atmosphere under his belt. We don't have enough depth to be a team that can go deep. So if we get in all the better- if we don't then we will just have to hope next year's schedule will season all the players enough to get further in the play-offs.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Obviously, we have to win out first.

I liked what I saw yesterday for the most part. And for 3.5 quarters last week, I liked how we are playing. I think we have a chance to win out, but we will need Albert for week 17.

Then, if we win out, there are 3 teams that we can eliminate from their current playoff seed.

Cleveland
    This week's game is the only one that matters for Cleveland. If Cincy can beat Cleveland and we win out - we are in. If Cleveland beat Cincy, then we want Cleveland to beat SF in week 17 to secure the AFC North, and give us a chance to beat Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh
    Who would have thought this was possible?? Firstly, if the Steelers lose both games and we win out, we are obviously in. But the game that really matters is the Steelers against Baltimore in week 17. If the Ravens beat the Steelers, then we are tied with Pittsburgh at 10-6. Conference Record is the same, so it goes to Strength of victories.

As of now,
    Titans victims have 48 wins
    Steelers victims have 53 wins

The Titans would add the Colts and Jets wins (another 15 as of today)
    The Steelers would add the Rams wins (3 as of today)

Meaning the Titans would lead in Strength of Victories by 63-56. This is obviously going to change dependent on the wins by teams that have been beaten by Pittsburgh and Tennessee over the next 2 weeks, but it would be almost impossible for Pittsburgh to make up 7 games.

Jaguars

Only way the Titans knock them out is if the Jaguars lose out and the Titans win out.

So, in summary, IF the Titans win out, our two best chances of making the playoffs are for Cincy to beat Cleveland or for Baltimore to beat Pittsburgh.

Personally, I feel optimistic about our chances. These are both fierce rivalry divisional games and both Baltimore and Cincy are at home.

If Cininatti lose to Cleveland this weekend, provided we beat the Jets we still have a shot. In the last week, we would need to beat Indy, have Pittsburgh lose to Baltimore and Cleveland beat San Fran.

Personally, to have that rush in week 17 to know we are still a chance is why I love watching this game. The next two weekends can't come fast enough for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar