We are going to have a QB Controversy. Matt Hasselbeck is mediocre at best

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pacman 4 HoF, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No controversy. If the Titans enter the second half 2-6 and the offense has been sputtering, then you may see a change if they feel Locker is ready. I personally hope they resist the temptation even though the fans will want change.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

MH has been fine, don't know what games you are watching. In fact, he is at this point the best QB the Titans have had since McNair in his prime some 8 years ago. Without a doubt. I think you will be surprised how good the O will look after CJ and Britt are on the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Hasselbeck is a mediocre QB, the OP is right about that, but he was brought in for the sole purpose of mentoring/buying time for Locker and at this point, Hasselbeck is the better QB... Locker will be the better QB eventually, maybe it'll be during midseason, maybe it'll be next season, but as of right now, I don't see a QB controversy and think MH should/will start opening day.

4. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

And you do?

5. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

If we struggle on offense I doubt it will be Matt's fault. If our O-line can give him time and the receivers can catch the passes that they should catch, Hass can get it done.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The OP isn't even a debate, it's a dumb, baseless statement.

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

"With the 3rd pick of the 2006 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans"

8. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

As you very well know from the "some" of the people who post here fans aren't always too bright.

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Some fans go to the bank on what a player COULD do.... VY, Blount, Cook, Locker, Hawkins while tossing dirt on guys that have done things like Harper, Collins, Gage, HassleB and Fisher.

Hype always wins out with special needs fans.

10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

yeah the original thread starter needs to review the actual stats ... hasselbeck is here to start for at least a year and maybe even half way into year 2 before locker takes over the keys ... these preseason topics are pointless - just hurry up and get to the regular season before i see another pointless TRADE CJ POST! or HASSELBECK SUCKS POST! lol ahhh people are bored and are stretching for topics to post about zzz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar