We almost certainly have to win the division to make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Source: http://playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

We have a 4% or 1:25 chance of making the playoffs as a Wild Card team. The only decent scenario we have is to get a 3 or 4 seed and to do that we will have to win the division outright.

Since Indy is winning the division right now. We have to take care of our business, but it wouldn't hurt if they lost a few games.

Washington will have a short week and will have to travel to LP. The deck is stacked in our favor to go to 6-4 and with the Patriots looking pretty decent, I think that they could carry on the tradition of owning the colts when they go to new england. If we square this division up at 6-4 with 2 games head to head vs the colts... All we will have to do is take care of our business and win the division and they will be playing a home game at LP in January.

Also, after the patriots, the colts play the chargers (who seem to have the colts number)

Lets hope they are 6-5 (Wishful thinking, I know)

13 Cowboys (2-7) Home Sun Dec 5, 4:15 pm
    14 Titans (5-4) Away Thu Dec 9, 8:20 pm
    15 Jaguars (5-4) Home Sun Dec 19, 1:00 pm
    16 Raiders (5-4) Away Sun Dec 26, 4:05 pm
    17 Titans (5-4) Home Sun Jan 2, 1:00 pm

While the Titans will have these games:

12 Texans (4-5) Away Sun Nov 28, 1:00 pm
    13 Jaguars (5-4) Home Sun Dec 5, 1:00 pm
    14 Colts (6-3) Home Thu Dec 9, 8:20 pm
    15 Texans (4-5) Home Sun Dec 19, 1:00 pm
    16 Chiefs (5-4) Away Sun Dec 26, 1:00 pm
    17 Colts (6-3) Away Sun Jan 2, 1:00 pm

Texans suck. Let's chalk up a W. Everyone has figured out the flavor of the month Arian Foster. If we are 7-4.. Colts are 6-5(Wishful thinking) and we've shown that we can handle the Jags already this year. No reason we can't do it again. Let's mark that as an W. 8-4.

A Colts win against Cowboys = 7-5 in this scenario while we are 8-4.

A thursday night showdown game? Those are always tough because its hard to prepare for Peyton Manning on a short week. Lets call that a toss up, a 50/50. At worst we are 8-5 and tied with the colts but It would be HUGE if we won this game. If the colts are 7-6 and we were 9-4, we would almost lockup a playoff spot.

Then we have a long week to prepare for Texans. I like our chances there. Lets say colts win and go to 8-6 and we win and get to 10-4. The Chiefs are decent. Another 50/50. Lets say we are 10-5 on a fluke play just to throw a wrench in the plan... and the colts win and go to 9-6.

Then on the last game of the year... we might be playing for the division... or would we? We would have the better divisional record and we would already have a win against the colts... We need 3 or more colts losses. If we beat the Colts in the Thursday night game... We may not have to beat them in week 17 because it may not be possible for them to come back and win the division anyways. We'll obviously have to take care of our business and hopefully this scenario plays out. Let me know if I missed anything here.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I wouldn't overlook Washington too much. I mean, I'm not scared of them, but who on this board was scared of the Dolphins?

3. globelieves

globelieves Starter

So much planning. :) Hate to tell you this, but things seldom go the way you plan them. However, that said, you have us making the playoffs, and I like it! Was afraid this was going to be a negative thread.

4. World Peace

Since when did the sure thing stop being so sure about things?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. World Peace

Are you sure now? Losing by 35 in the 2nd quarter as of now.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I was honestly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

As schizophrenic as our team seems to be this season, I wouldn't be sleeping on anybody left on our schedule.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Miami is far better than Washington. The Dolphins actually did have me a bit concerned. Ronnie Brown and Co. are a solid bunch.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Exactly. Ronnie Brown and Ricky are both good RBs. Not to mention they have a top 5 receiver in Brandon Marshall. I figured he would dominate Finnegan since he's 6 inches taller. There D can also play really well, they have good LBs and a decent secondary. The 'Fins aren't a team to sleep on.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well we have a handful of divisional games in front of us, which at 5-4 is a good thing. And since TorontoTitan showed us how to stop Peyton Manning, we should be okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar