Wayne gets resigned

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I find myself praising a new team each year, because if the Titans can't win, then the only goal I have in the season is for the Colts to lose. Last season the Steelers and the Chargers were the duo that saved my days from going grey, yet the Colts just keep on reloading.

I would've thought they would learn from the Titans' mistakes, but nope. Unless they know something in Indianapolis that nobody else does, they'll fall just short of the Superbowl again, then follow us down into the depths of the AFC South.
    Just as long as they don't win (or even make it to) that one Superbowl in the Manning era, I'll be fine...

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

They really only have three players that they MUST keep at this point. Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, and Dwight Freeney. As long as they continue to draft well and retain those three, they'll be right in the mix.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

All of this talk about paying Wayne and Harrison millions of dollars when all the Colts need is a good Otolaryngologist, (throat surgeon), to keep Manning from choking. Training the coaching staff in the Heimlich Maneuver would also benefit the team. Nuff said.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2008.....others...

Cato june is another pro bowl guy they need to sign.

$6.66M a year is not outrageous for wayne. They seal him up for 6 years and he is young enough to be good for that long. It's a good deal for wayne because that is the right offense, the right QB and the right situation with marvin harrison.

For those who think it is dumb to sign wayne over james that is not the case. It will cost them twice that to sign james and james doesn't have 6 productive years left. If they sign james they not only lose wayne but there would be no way they could keep june.

5. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

Don't bet on it. When it comes to dealing with the cap Bill Polian is as good as it gets. Hate on the Colts all you want, but ask anyone who knows anything about the NFL and they'll tell you....Bill Polian knows what he's doing.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Yep, his Buffalo teams always choked in the big game,
    and with Peyton, he's made sure the Colts will always choke before winning a SB as well.
    :)

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

So does Wile E. Coyote and he's just a loser too.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

What's with all the 6s on Wayne? They trying to say something?

I think I'd change just one to a five somewhere, to be on the safe side.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    The real Bill Polian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar