Way Too Early SB XLVIII Predictions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Don't get me wrong, I really like Kap, and Wilson played a great season. It's just that if I'm predicting, I'm hesitant to go with a second yr qb. Out of curiosity, anyone know when the last time a second yr qb won?

And Peyton is a choke artist, but to be fair, it was his D that blew it last year. He gave them a lead, and the D gave up that bomb to send the game to OT. Yeah he should have won it in OT, but he did give his team a chance to win, as much as I hate the guy. And I still think you need to watch for the Giants this year. They've proved they can win, Eli and Cruz are in their 3rd season together, and the SB is playing in their stadium. Again, I hate both mannings and don't want to see either of them there, but this is a predictions thread, not a "what I want to happen" thread haha.

But damn, I don't think I've ever been this excited for football to start. Our line should give new life to CJ, give Locker time, we've got a back for those 3rd and short/goaline pushes, our D is looking good with Williams and other pick ups, our receiving core should be stout with Britt in a contract year, a TE that can actually be on the field for a run OR pass. There's a lot to be excited about. If they aren't at least 9-7 this year I'm going to be pretty sad, the AFC is weak and I think that gets you in.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The last time a second year QB won had to have been Ruthlessraper. And before him, it was Brady.

Before Brady, I have no idea... not sure it's ever been done outside of those two.

But Wilson will be better than Ruthlessraper and he has an awesome defense and running game, so I'm not too worried.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think the Super Bowl will be the Tennessee Titans vs. the losers

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Titans will make noise this year idk if it means making the Super Bowl. Peyton has really choked his last couple times in the playoffs

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

love your optimism CJ.

6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Can you only imagine? I think fish face would put a bullet in his cranium if that happened. But, that would be the ultimate win ever IMO.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Don't see anybody in the AFC we couldn't beat. Would have some help on defense against the NFC with Williams.

I think we have a good shot at making a legit run.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Titans are still too inexperienced as a whole to really make a run. I'm thinking we can make the playoffs, but Super Bowl in 2013? Very unlikely.

I'm thinking the AFC is wide open so who really knows, but the NFC is the Niners to lose, Seattle may challenge them, but Im thinking Niners get back to the Super Bowl.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I could see the Niners going back for sure. As you said, the AFC is a complete toss up though. I think this year is a little early to predict the Titans coming out of the AFC, BUT if Britt has a huge year, we franchise tag him forcing him to give us one more big year to earn that contract (somewhere else most likely), Locker progresses, the team meshes and we have 1 more good off season I could see us being a contender in 2 years.

Lots of ifs in there though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar