Way to throw the game.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mr. E, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

why shouldnt we have kicked the field goal? we were up by 3, that wouldve made it 6, so even if they score a TD then we only need a field goal to win. Im sorry, but Fisher blew that call and Im not sure how you can think other wise.

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

We had a chance to put the game away... thats all I can say because if it had worked you would be praising him right now, but I think he would do the same thing if he had the chance.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Im sure he would do the same thing if he had a chance, because he made a similar call last year against houston that wouldve brought us within a TD with 3 timeouts and the two minute warning on the board. Instead he goes for it and we dont make it and basically take away any chance we have of winning. Fisher is a great coach , but that was a poor decision. We had proven we could move the ball on them and proven we could play with them, why not just take the 6 point lead, where the worst case scenario would be, seattle scores, and we only need a FG to win. Instead we get no points, seattle scores, and we need TD to win, makes no sense what so ever.

4. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

(Bulluck)that sums it up - we've only won a few games this year. Why not go for the throat. Hassleback threw 3tds almost 300 yds, Alexander put up 170.....but we lost because we went for it on a 4th and didn't get it.

5. ChitownTitan

ChitownTitan Guest

jeez guys. i was going to come on here and compliment our boys and you're angry? we lost. sure. but we should have lost. by more points than that. we got a taste of what next season might look like and frankly i liked it.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't think Henry would have made that 1st even if he were actually playing today. Our OL as usual got blown up at the line. I do think the play was stupid because instead of running a dive we ran what looked like a mini stretch play. Our OL simply cannot block those plays. The called hole was absolutely stuffed with DL so Brown went outside to try to make somehting of it.

My biggest concern is McNair on those plays. McNair has to make a decision at the LOS and change the play. On one of the plays McNair had a bubble over right guard and instead of simply sneaking it for the yard we end up running a worthless call.

On the other 4th down at the end of the game McNair looked at Scaife the whole way. The Hawks triple teamed Scaife and McNair misses Troupe (I think) who was wide open. McNair actually still threw the ball kinda to Scaife. In that situation McNair has to take off running or pick another reciever. Heck, it was the ball game. Anything would have been better than that worthless throw.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because we weren't going to stop them on defense anyway. after we didnt make it they went 93 yards. as opposed to if we did make it, we have a 10 point lead and they would have to go 80 yards twice(which im sure they would have done)

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

ok, but if we kicked the FG we wouldve only needed another FG to win, instead of a TD. I really dont understand how that isnt the obvious option. Your right, we couldnt stop them, so why not put yourself in a position to where you only need a FG to win, especially since our offense had proven we could move the football?

not to mention our team has not been good in short yardage conversions, or in the redzone. Even if we get that first down there is no guarantee we get a TD out of it. So we basically tried to do something that we have not been good at all year, which results in us having to try and convert more 4th downs on the next drive, instead of being able to kick a FG.

9. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

You think the D played good???? I thought it was one of the, if not the worst performance of the season.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't agree with the 4th down call either. When you're ahead, play conservative. However saying it cost us the game is little much. We used on average 4 minutes per drive, the Seahawks used 3.5 minutes. So even had we kicked the 2 FG's, there would still be half a quarter left. However I still believe you kick the FG to pad the lead and hope the defense can make a stop or at least force them to use a lot of clock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar