Washington's D

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MsTitan, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Reminds me of the old Titans D. Their offense scored a total of 3 points and they still won. Reminds me of the little McNair, a little Eddie George, low scoring game and a Titans win.

God only knows how I wish we still had Williams.

2. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

Gregg Williams is the best coach in the league...oaches Clinic: Gregg Williams

Considered one of the brightest defensive minds in professional football, Gregg Williams has a proven track record for shaping NFL defensive squads into among the league's best year after year.

Williams took over the Redskins' defensive unit after three years as head coach of the Buffalo Bills. In his first season, he helped Washington develop into the No. 3 defense in the NFL and the No. 1 defense in the NFC, despite the extended absence of all-pro linebacker LaVar Arrington.

During his tenure in Buffalo, his defenses improved tremendously over each of his three seasons. In 2003 the Bills' defense finished second in the NFL, improving from 15th in 2002 and 21st in 2001.

Overall, the Bills' 2003 defensive and special teams units finished among the NFL's top-5 teams in nine categories. Buffalo finished second in the league (first in the AFC) in total defense and second in pass defense, as well as making vast improvements stopping their opponents' run game, ranking eighth in the NFL after finishing 29th overall in 2002.

During his three seasons leading the Bills, Williams' squads earned a reputation as fierce competitors who battled each week, making Ralph Wilson Stadium a destination few teams looked forward to visiting. He took over as head coach of the Bills after 11 seasons with the Tennessee organization, including the defensive coordinator position for four seasons (1997-00). Williams proved his talent quickly within the Tennessee program, beginning his career with the team in 1990 as a defensive quality control coach.

3. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Coaches clinic: Jim Schwartz

Considered one of the weakest defensive minds in the NFL Jim Schwartz has a proven track record of sissyfiying any defense he coaches

Schwartz took over the Titans defense after years of hand washing jock straps. He has molded the Titans defense into his very own scheme "bend then break" known for his uncanny abiltity to let opposing teams score at will and let 3rd string QBS put up Manning like numbers.

Schwartz is considered by a few to be a HC canidate, if your in the market for a HC please call 1-800-A$$-CLOWN ask for Jimmy.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Gregg Williams is never coming back so quit crying about it.:cry:

5. Ice

Ice Guest

He may never be coming back but it is still ok to point out how good of a coach he really is. I mean, the bears have solid personnel...but Renaldo Wynn and Philip Daniels are you joking me... that is a worse pair of ends than half the teams in the league possess. Joe sal'vea....lol...would be a 5th DT on some teams. Arrington only plays on 1st and 2nd down cuz he freewheels too much, and they lost antonio pierce to the giants as well...the only standout d players they have are washington and taylor...springs, rogers, and griffin are solid but not phenomenal. Unbelievable. thats all i can say.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Absolutely hilarious.:ha:

We know he's not coming back, but for crapsake, Fisher's gotta have enough knowledge that this team has turned the wrong corner when it comes to winning and attitude.

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

There's no question that the entire team needs an attitude adjustment or something. Maybe they do need another DC. If Fish brings one in than so be it. I think there's a lot more to it than just replacing a coordinator. Remember it's the head coach's job to coach the coach's. That's what all the good ones do. Charlie Weis did a pretty damn good job in NE and he's always said that Parcells and Belicheck both coach up their coordinators. I think Fish needs to kick it in gear and get these fu&$#rs playing better.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This is true as well. Fish needs to step up, or it's his own fault for failure now. He's obviously sticking with Schwartz to his own detriment, now it all falls on him. I wouldn't want Schwartz in a foxhole with me, that's for certain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar