Washington’s patience rewarded in crunch time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 21, 2012.

1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Starter

I liked the fact that he ran his routes all day, despite the lack of targets. He kept his head in the game, and scored a clutch td to win it. That's just hard work, can't have enough of those players on your team.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Pay him? He's due $9M over the next 2 seasons.
  3. JCBRAVE

Gage, wow, that guys working in a soup kitchen last I heard.
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

12GAGE WAS THE MAN!!!!!

...to drop balls.
  5. Na$hville

Na$hville Starter

If the game is on the line I want the ball thrown to Nate. He is our biggest playmaking WR and has been since last year.
  6. JCBRAVE

IDK, Damian Williams gives me hope on 3rd downs, he might be the guy I throw to.
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Gotcha.. For some reason I was thinking he was a FA after this year. Not sure why I thought that.
  8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Last year against the Saints I believe, toward the end of the season, watching Nate play on a sprained ankle and take serious punishment while continuing to make plays. That's when I was officially sold. Washington has been my favorite player on the team for the past couple seasons.
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

That was against the Falcons.
  10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

But also make absolutely spectacular catches while getting injured - shotguns are dangerous son.

Back to Nate, I loved that TD catch. He made a great fake inside with his head/shoulder, just enough to freeze the DB for a second, and a nice pass from Hass too, with a nice catch for a TD.

Also, even though Cook didn't haul it in, he helped draw coverage his way - its really nice to have multiple weapons out there.

Lets discuss those weapons a bit:

Britt - He's coming back trust me. In the beginning of the game he was targeted a lot and responded well. I thought he coulda had a huge game the way it started, but for some reason he wasn't getting that many looks (had a lot to do with CJ running wild sure). He had a drop or two can't remember, but even when he doesn't catch it, he's just such a beast he draws a lot of penalties and that doesn't show on the stat sheet. I REALLY hope we don't let him go at the end of the season, I think he still has soo much to offer @ only 24 years old.

Williams - I have been REALLY impressed with him. Not sure why he doesn't get more looks either. Seemingly all of his catches have been tough ones that he's done a great job holding onto; in particular he's had two perfect 'scoop' catches literally off the ground.

I gotta run, so ill finish D-Will, Wright, and Hawk (who?) later.....