Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Was Levitre benched today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbackbone, Dec 29, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,726
    I saw where Levitre was having some issues related to the knee and did not finish the game as a result.

Also, maybe if we can get a decent Oline coach we wont have these issues. They have had a year to play together so we will see what happens after the offseason workouts and TC.
  1. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977
    Amazing that one of the hallmarks of the Munch years has been an offensive line that constantly underachieves.
  2. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,027
    Not sure where the idea that Levitre is "solid" is coming from. He's been sub-par. And considering how he's being paid, he needs to be a Pro Bowler. That contract looks awful right now.

He gets one more year to get healthy and earn his money, but I'm not optimistic he will succeed.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,529
    That contract always looked awful. I was on the table all offseason screaming not to invest what we did in guards because it's never worth it.

You had Andy Levitre get $48 million then the second-best guard in free agency, Louis Vasquez, get around $28 million. It was always a bad contract.
  4. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,188
    Levitre has been average all year, for what we're paying him... I want a pro-bowler. Hopefully he'll get it together next year.
  5. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,207
    My thoughts exactly, we totally overpaid.
  6. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,645
    We were desperate for guards. He has said that he has been behind a step all season with the knee surgery.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    The upcoming surgeries will be released soon and I wonder if Levitre had some knee issues he played through he'll need work on. He isn't close to playing up to his contract. I'd call him average, at best.
  7. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,207
    I vaguely remember the surgery now that you guys mention it but if he was a step behind he should have never been playing. Just another WTF personnel decision.
  8. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,645
    The same thing should be said of David Stewart this year. Starting guards and tackles don't grow on trees and it seems that Munch and Co. felt these guys were their best options. Between Hutchinson, cutting Velasco for Turner, Levitre and Fat Chance, I am fairly convinced that our two HOF lineman can't identify talent.