Was Jeff Fisher really the problem?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL, keep dreaming. I love Tomlin too though. He's a good example of the strong, silent type that actually gets the job done. He doesn't jump up and down and scream at the refs the entire game but he always looks in control and like he at least knows WTF is going on and what he's doing.

IDK, I'm really trying to give Munch the benefit of the doubt here but I'm just not seeing head coach material in him.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Stating that we won the 2nd half of the Browns game is a fact that I stated.

Stay in school, kids.

lol, you don't believe I go to games?

And what obviousness is that?

I'll take your word for it but I'm just stating what was on Nashville radio for awhile. I notice you made no comment about Stewart, who should replace him?

Wow way to overreact like a child.

I think the plan yesterday was to play Ringer more but since CJ was playing well they left him in.

So you don't realize that execution of the plays called also matters? That a team could call the exact same plays as the first half but execute them better and win a game?

You really don't understand football. And this is a very simple concept. Adaptation is not the end all, be all of winning.

That you were blatantly lying (or clueless) when you said: " They lose every 2nd half they play"

And you think I need to pay more attention?

Eli Manning won a superbowl. Also Gray is the defensive coordinator lol, he had nothing to do with Eli. Gray did well with Bills as a dc.

It's clear you are having a hissy fit after yesterday's loss. Why else would you be crying falsehoods like "we lose every second half we play... waaaaaaaaaah"

I am sure your mom is a fine lady with more knowledge of football than you.

Then you clearly have no memory or pay no attention to posts here. I wanted Fisher gone from the point I signed up to this forum.

Sure, judge him weekly. But at least be factual and sane about it instead of crying like a baby.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Delirium. Tis serious.

And learn what slight exaggerations are. Saying we lose "every half", I mean most. Not technically EVERY half.

How am I having a "hissy fit" by criticism OBVIOUS problems?...

Keep those blinders on. Everything is beautiful in Titans land.

4. amy

amy Starter

"This. I was going to say did it bother anyone else that Munchak looked helpless on the field as he watched the game slip away?"

He ALWAYS has that look because he has big eyes. Every picture, every interview. It's not a deer in the headlights look. It's more like, "I can't believe these players are this dumb" look. He has DUMB players who cannot remember what they are supposed to do. They know MH has a strong arm, but they lope down the field. Sometimes I think they don't even listen in the huddle. Munchak has coached nine games in his coaching career. He doesn't have the luxury of coaching smart, talented players. What really, should be expected of him?

5. Alex1939

Yes because I said everything is beautiful and great? lol.

Your hissy fit is your "slight exaggerations". You sound like a cry baby. Hell you thought Jerry Gray was the offensive coordinator lol.

6. Alex1939

I guess people expected we'd go 16-0 and the same players that we had last year would suddenly all blossom into elite caliber players. That's what I've gotten from most reactions today anyway.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can only speak for myself, but 4-4 is close enough to where I expected us to be at this point anyway. It's not so much that I'm disappointed with our record as much as it is I'm disappointed with what I'm seeing out of this coaching staff. And what's really disappointing is knowing that they're going to be around AT LEAST 1-2 more seasons.

And I don't buy the "he has big eyes" excuse. It's not all about his eyes. It's his demeanor as a whole on the sideline. The guy looks lost and confused each and every game. Does anyone here really disagree with that statement?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Does he look confused in practice? Maybe thats just the way he looks lol

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If munchak looked confused and we were 8-0.. would you call him out on it?

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If we were 8-0 it wouldn't matter how he looked because it would be obvious he knows what he's doing.

You're missing the point. It's not just that he LOOKS confused but also that he clearly IS confused. Teams figure him out and make the necessary adjustments then he does nothing. No answers. No nothing.

If you need a more specific example just look at what's going on with the run game. Munchak, a HoF lineman, can't fix a run game that's by far the worst in the league. He won't make any changes on the O-line, says CJ is just fine, and can't offer up any explanation whatsoever as to why it's not working. He simply has the Jeff Fisher "eventually it's gotta work, right?" mentality. His quote about "hopefully teams will start to assume we can't run and maybe we'll be able to get something going" still makes me LMAO while I also die a little inside. What loser talk.

One thing I think is clear is that Munchak, at this point in time, is in over his head. Maybe he'll grow into the job. Maybe he won't. Personally, I don't have much confidence in him.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar