Was Jeff Fisher really the problem?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm really starting to wonder if Fisher was really the problem.

I was one of the biggest Fisher haters on this board, not as bad as Deuce, but I hated him.

Now that this season is slipping, I really don't see any difference between Fisher and Munchak. Yeah, I know Munchak has been going for certain plays on 4th down, but is he actually any better than Fisher?

Head Coaches to me come a dime a dozen. But if you can't get your team motivated enough to know that we should win games against the Bengals or the Texans, then you have no business being a NFL Head Coach.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Fisher's mentality was a big part of the problem and Munchak isn't that different.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Fisher coached and hired Munchsuck and basically he is a fisher clone, so take it as it is.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

well... TJ forgot to put up a post game rant thread.... and now we all have to pay for it lol

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I get what you're saying. I usually don't jump the gun at all.

This is a horrible loss, but Munchak knew what's at stake here. He even knew what was at stake against the Texans too and we still played like SH*&...

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Thread created just for dbc....LOL.

When last season came to an end, and the announcement about VY not coming back came from Bud, I thought that the Titans would retain Fisher for at least one more season to "mind the store" during the pending lockout. It was my opinion back then that teams who brought in new coaches would be at a huge disadvantage because of the lost practice time resulting from the lockout (with SF that has not been the case in retrospect).

Then Fisher quit, which I am guessing surprised the FO as well. When I heard that Munchak had the inside track on replacing Fisher, my thought then (as it still is now) was that he was brought in to keep a level of "continuity" with the team through the lockout.

He said alot of good things about accountability early on, which got alot of folks on this site excited about him. He also showed some signs of not quite being ready for prime time with some of his other early comments (Dinger release was not handled very well from a PR perspective if memory serves), which prompted me to suggest he look into PR training. That was (in retrospect) probably a flag about his readiness for the job.

I agree that he has made mistakes here, but regardless of my opinion of him I still think that he is the coach for at least 2-3 seasons here, or until Bud Adams passes away. Hopefully he learns on the job...time will tell.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i'm still mad at you for jinxing it at halftime

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Man, I understand what you mean.. It was going great until I said what I said. I guess I spoke too soon :wink2:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's the current Titans culture. Another reason to get in outsiders.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree, but this is very likely not going to happen under current ownership IMO.

Prefacing that the likelihood of this is low, it would be really great to eventually have ownership of this team be through someone or a group of folks from Tennessee...dare to dream LOL...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar