Was it a mistake to let Nash get away?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nendzone...

Has there ever been a decision made by fisher, reese or schwartz that you have not agreed with? It's like you are the official apologist for the titan's front office or something.

I sure hope that ganther does work out because we may need him next year. I stand by my prediction that reese will be taking a RB mid round in the 2007 draft. Payton isn't the answer, nash is gone and ganther probably isn't the answer either but let's hope he is. With an aging-slowing henry backing up white we may need some new blood.
    Who is going to catch the ball out of the backfield next season?

2. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I would've had a problem with them releasing Nash if he'd put in the work this offseason. I think he showed enough potential that if he had the work ethic, he deserved another camp.

But I watched Ganther work some in camp, and it would have been unfair to him IMO if he'd been forced to split reps with Nash when Nash clearly didn't make it a priority to come into camp ready to play.

Ganther has potential IMO, too. Good hands, runs hard, bounces off tacklers like a bowling ball at times -- doesn't make it easy for guys to get him down. I don't see him making the final roster unless a last-minute trade happens further up the depth chart, but maybe they are trying to quietly keep him under wraps a bit so he will clear waivers and be available for their PS.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nendzone..

Thank you.

Finally someone is not just superficial or cliche. I appreciate your opinion on ganther because i wasn't able to go to camp this year and see him closer up. Your point about splitting reps is valid. Thank you.

Do you agree with me regarding my concerns about henry for 2007?

4. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I think it's a little too early to know what's going to happen with Brown or Henry in 2007 since both are scheduled to be free agents, but I do think a lot of it depends on what LenDale White shows in 2006.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Rolltide....

Where was this Nash crap on the day he was cut.

He's nothing to me even if he turns out to be a stud in Denver.

We drafted him & gave him his 1st shot right out of the last chance saloon end of the draft. In return he was a lazy ungrateful grease spot.

Screw him & the horse he rode on last saturday :irked:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Where is the thread on asking if it was a mistake letting Jaqua Thomas go?

He has 4 and a half sacks this pre-season. :rolleyes:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

RollTide, you do realize that we are talking about a guy that quit his college team, don't you? (in other words, when he doesn't like a situation, he quits) Yes, I mean he's a quitter. When I made reference to his attitude problems that may be the root of all of this you only down played it with some weak rhetoric about camp this and that. The guy has a history of being a mouthy piece of crap. It is likely the case that we took him in the draft as a risk/reward project. This would be a much different case had he been a 1st day pick, but no... in typical Reese fashion an athlete was drafted, maybe not the best player. (I count attitude as a componet of being a player) ... I may be going out on a limb here but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it turns out that Nash challenged Fisher's authority on one level or another. Like I stated before, I researched articles that outlined the debacle of an NCAA carreer that he had. It looks like this boils down to him being a poor fit within the organization, much like Owens in Philadelphia. (I threw that last bit in there because I know how much you appreciate abstract bs comparisons.)

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

so what's the bigger mistake, cutting Nash or drafting him in the first place?

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Drafting him in the first place.

As far as who we could have taken in the 7th round instead of a RB I would have liked to see us take a couple of OL or DL guys. Those kind of guys have a chance of sticking if you get lucky with one. At least when you are drafting in the 7th round you get the pick of who is left instead of waiting to see if you can sign them as FAs. The point was we had more depth at RB after drafting White than we had a DE or OL. There are alot of OGs and OCs in this league that were picked in the last couple of rounds (some starters). Another guy like Amano would have been nice.

We spent one pick on Toone after we already picked two LBs in the draft and we drafted Ganther after picking one RB in the draft and having two vets already along with a 5th round pick from the year before. Either way it makes no sense.

Even the pick of Orr in the 6th round is questionable after picking 3 WRs last year and signing Givens. There were 8 OGs picked in the 7th round, 11 after Orr was picked. There were 5 OCs picked after Orr was picked. The end of the draft was bonehead either way you look at it. Now we have to "hide" Orr and Ganther on the PS? How many of these PS guys ever amount to anything but added depth anyway?

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar