Was it a mistake to let Nash get away?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

If Nash had made the basic physical effort they asked of him leading up to camp to demonstrate his commitment, he'd probably still be here fighting it out with guys like Payton and Ganther and Ahmard Hall for one of those final roster spots.

If he found his sense of commitment in those days he spent wondering about his future after he was was cut by the Titans and before the Broncos picked him up, then good for him. Maybe he won't waste this second chance.

But he found it too late to keep his backup job here.

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Are you nuts? :ha:

Seriously, no way dude, if Nash gains any type of yardage in Denver, mark it down for the system. Let's see if Nash can gain 74 yards against us playing for Arizona...

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Come on..this was the guy that was actually pi**ed off because he came in overweight and they wouldn't let him practice and said so in the paper.

The way we were playing defense even TJ could have run for 50.....[those legs aren't just for looks you know :spudnikha ]

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I wonder if any of you even saw the game...

Simply saying that it's easy to run for denver or that our defense sucks isn't good enough. That's way too superficial. The guy showed some skills.

We all know that nash wasn't in good shape early in camp. He obviously isn't in that bad of shape now after all he lugged the football 14 times in one half! What has happened in 20 days? Could nash have made the same improvements here?

Isn't that part of coaching to motivate? To cajole, threaten, manipulate whatever to get more out of players? Nash was cut july 31st. The first cut isn't until the end of this month!

Seems to me they gave up on him too soon.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

RT, I'll regret it when he runs for more than 50 yards in a real game. No reason to jump on the coaches after one good game by a guy we cut. I'm MUCH more concerned that he was running that way against us. Get the D's @ss in gear, they're letting the guy we cut run all over us.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree with Tide that I saw something in Nash that was more than just running against a pany defense. Good vision, quickness and power. The kid might make it in this league after all.
    Nash deserved to go and it was the right decision at the time.
    It was obvious however that the Titans had doubts about Nash anyway or they would not have burned a draft pick on Ganther (actually I still scratch my head over that one). We already drafted White which should have been enough RBs for one draft. We had Brown, Henry, Nash and Payton returning.
    Now they will end up cutting Ganther anyway so we basically have nothing to show for two draft picks at one postion.

7. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I thought this about him last year in camp, once they put the pads on. The problem was keeping him on the field in the first place, and him working consistently every practice.

What did you want them to spend their final of three 7th round draft picks on where you think they're going to really score a slam-dunk guy who's a lock for the top 53? It's not like they weren't going to bring in at least one or two extra backs for camp.

I like Ganther, from what I saw up close. Would not shock me in the least to see him on the practice squad this year, and back in camp next year.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

RollTide, if you want man I can come off a few of my ativans. Seriously, I think you are making too much of this. The guy was giving Fisher crap and you know it. The "superficial" excuse... it will suffuce for now. You haven't the evidence that cutting Nash was some huge mistake. If anything, the mistake would be Fisher entrusting JS to be his DC. Must you preface your posts with crap that draws abstract conclusions? There are better ways to win an argument than bs.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That's all the thread really needed.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bipolar your arguments are so weak...

And no i don't want any of your ativan, xanax or the IM haldol you have for lunch.

I like your lame approach; i say it MAY have been a mistake to cut nash you say "HUGE" mistake. You are getting into hoffa territory now.

As for the evidence the future will be the evidence. If nash is a solid backup for the next 5 years or more we will know that it was a mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar