Was it a mistake to let Nash get away?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

What the Titans asked Nash to do was pretty basic: show up for camp in shape and at the recommended weight.

They didn't give up on him because they thought he had no talent; they cut him loose because they couldn't count on him mentally. Those issues dated back to last training camp.

And he went to a team that was willing to use a third round pick on Clarett last year, convinced they could help him turn the corner mentally. Maybe they will fare better with Nash, especially after the Titans gave him a wake-up call that maybe he really needed to get it through his head that you do have to do your part to stay in this league.

What did the Broncos have to lose? And why should the Titans keep trying when they had a pretty good stable of backs in camp (plus a second-round draft pick who was guaranteed to get a close look in camp even if he was off to a slow start in the spring) who had put in the work this offseason and deserved their shot at getting those reps?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They got Nash, Bell, Bell, Dayne

Good God Roll, do you want to sign Kevin Faulk to a multi year deal cos he tore us up?

He's played one pre-season game....yes I know to some that defines a season of how bad or good a player/team will be...but sheesh, with Chris Brown, LenDale White and Henry, Nash is just as buried in the depth in Tennessee then in Denver.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

Have a little vision will ya. In 2007 we will probably not have brown. We may no longer consider travis henry a reliable enough option behind white. Nash could have been that option.

The future gunny the future!

And gunny please tell your God reynaldo to grow a pair. Every WR over 200lbs abuse him as if he dropped the soap in a maximum security prison.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You just made the argument against yourself. Nash won't run like that against teams in the reqular season when it counts. Why do you try to pretend we cut the second coming of Walter Payton, just because he had a good night against our 2nd and 3rd string team a mile high?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

We already have the second coming of Walter Payton.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I wouldn't say that... I'd say something else.
    :))

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

wow. :eek:

edit:
    nice edit.:ha:

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I've seen players like this before, and as far as I'm concerned they can pack their bags and leave now. I don't want anybody on my team who isn't going to do what it takes to win. And that includes being in shape (i thought he looked heavy last saturday), getting to practice on time, and having a good attitude/work ethic. And I'm sure the coaches and players feel the same way.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hoffa get a clue...

Second coming of walter payton? I suggested he might help as a backup. Can't you follow a simple concept?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar