Was Fisher's comments on Volek right or wrong?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 20, 2006.

?
  1. Yes. It was a good move.

37 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. No. It was the wrong move.

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not saying I would but if, at the end of this season, he's not showing improvement, I think you can assume it may not ever get better. Though I think it takes some time to learn a new system, improvement should be seen at some point.

So far, I doubt we've seen the true Chow offense for 30% of the offense so far this season because they abandon so much of the gameplan after falling behind.

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I know that I saw and heard Volek several times in interviews since it started say that he wanted to be traded.....so there you go, Ewker....that is how I know. I saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears on more than one occasion.

I can take Fisher's word as truth as much as you can take it as a lie.

Yes. I remember Volek told his agent to stop the trade talk LAST YEAR after it started. He did it several more times THIS YEAR.
    (Also... i noticed in posts in the past that people said last years' trade request was all Rosenhause and Volek squashed it. Volek said a couple of weeks ago that "WE floated the trade thing last year and it didn't work".)

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'd like to see where you read and heard Volek requesting a trade BEFORE he was replaced by Collins on September 1st. As I've stated before, Volek had a whole 2 days to complain and wanting a trade, do you believe he was sitting outside Fisher's office singing protestsongs or something?
    After he was replaced he obviously started talking about a trade to the media.

4. skitch

No where in my post did I say he was asking for a trade this year before Collins got here. I said since this started...aka Collins starting. And yes. Since then he has been on the local news several times saying he wanted to be traded and spent an hour on Sportsline with Neil O'Donnell talking about wanting a trade. So.... that's where!
    Again, Fisher's statement was that he was in his and Reese's office the day Collins arrived demanding a trade. Yeah, I know. You and Ewker don't believe Fisher...... but everything Volek says is gospel.
    People are so set in defending Volek and bashing Fisher that they don't read the post, or just twist it to argue.
    Now you can sing the protest song.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

So now you're agreeing that Volek made a request to be traded when Collins was signed, like Brown and Sirmon, and was subsequently (within 2 days) demoted to 3rd string quarterback, UNLike Brown and Sirmon, who got to keep their starting gigs.

Only after he was demoted to 3rd string and made quite clear that he would never see the field again as a Titan did he start talking to the media about a trade.

6. skitch

Again... are you so freakin' quick to want to argue that you don't even read the posts. I SAID he DID request a trade.
    And AGAIN, Mr. Wizard, you are asking me the same question again that you asked and I answered in post #68 just above.
    But since you don't seem to read them, here it is again:
    from post #68
    Sirmon realized he was being moved over, not replaced...so he dropped the trade request.
    Brown's request came from his new agents and when he realized he would still be starting...he dropped the trade request.
    Volek did NOT drop the trade request. Apparently it was daily since Collins came in.
    It's not that I fault him for asking for the trade either. I was just pointing out the differences between his request(s) compared to the Brown / Sirmon request and the fact that he continued to request it daily.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

since what started? how far are you going back. He asked to be traded when McNair announced that he was coming back and then this yr after Collins was signed. He told his agent twice to be quiet about it.
    So they floated a trade then when his agent kept it up he told him to stop.

And no I don't believe everything Volek says is true but you believe everything Fisher says. there is a fine line of truth in between what both have said.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I do indeed read your post, but you don't seem realise that Sirmon only stopped asking for a trade because he was assured to be the starter at MLB.

Brown, well he was probably promised to be the starter at RB too, but we don't know for sure. Personally I don't buy that Brown didn't know that his agent was asking for a trade, these agents don't just act autonomously althoug they give the impression they do to shelter their clients any backlash their actions might cause.

Volek did not stop his trade request because he WAS in fact being replaced, unlike the other two. Why is that wrong? The other two stopped asking for a trade because they got what they wanted, Volek didn't and for obvious reasons continued to ask for a trade.

Edit:
    Do you think Sirmon would have stopped asking for a trade if he'd been told he had to compete with Thornton for the position? I don't

9. skitch

That is the point I made, so I do realize it.

10. skitch

Since Collins came to town.
    I agree that the FULL truth may be somewhere in the middle.
    As for you and I on who believes who.... I give.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar