Was Fisher's comments on Volek right or wrong?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 20, 2006.

?
  1. Yes. It was a good move.

37 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. No. It was the wrong move.

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

how many have lost their desire to stay here when their contracts are up?

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I hope not many. Money talks and we're about to have a bunch of it.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There is more to the story no doubt.. I don't see Fish in too much a panic to save his job. If he is not with The Titans he no doubt will land somewhere else in the NFL probably making a helluva lot more $ and that next city won't give two farts about what happened with Billy Volek (can only imagine he'll end up in Baltimore like everyone else)

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

that may not be enough to make some of these guys stay. they have seen how the Titans treat players starting back with Godfrey.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I was suprised to see this story on the 11 o'clock news here in DC, George Michael ended the story by saying that Billy Volek needs to shut up and go play for Marty Shottenheimer, they deserve each other.

So Fisher's comments did some damage control.

6. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I don't know fellas. This whole thing makes a lot more sense now.
    I for one think Fishers comments can be taken at thier face value.
    To me this restores a little faith back in the whole Titan Org.

7. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I'm confused as crap. I dont get any of this lol
    What did volek like about?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If so, do you feel Fisher handles every player equally? The big locker room divide last year was how Pacman got a ton of special treatment from Fisher and the player resented it.

We have Brown's agent demanding a trade and Brown doesn't come out and set the record straight for quite a while (unlike Volek did the next day when Rosenshark make his visit) and Fisher tell the media that it was just an over-zealous agent as if the guy did this without Brown's blessing.

Does this not indicate Brown doesn't believe in the system?

We have Sirmon faxing in his trade demands as soon as Thronton was signed. Funny how he wasn't ready for some competition either.

Does that not indicate Sirmon doesn't believe in the system too?

How so? Fisher lowered himself with the comments, IMO. For me, it shows that he remains distracted with the situation when his focus needs to be on the Dolphins. I think his response created more of a distraction for his team as well.

I don't think I heard the Dolphins referenced once yesterday. Not entirely Fisher's fault as he was responding to questions by the media but I think this thing needs to get buried fast and the entire team move on.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I watched the video of the press release. Fisher was uncharacteristically uncomfortable speaking on this issue- his eyes were darting, he was shifting his weight and his speech was pressured. He obviously feels he is sitting on a powder-keg right now. He has always been a consumate media man- delivering a mature and authoratative message in his in clips. This one seems genuine and unrehearsed to me. There is clearly more to the story even than he released.

Fisher has a long tenure with the Titans. He has to coach a bad situation right now with the under-production of his DC and OC. He is handling better than anyone else I could imagine. I believe him when he says he will "get this team back". The talent issue aside, I don't believe it is going to happen with Chow running the offense and Schwartz running the defense.

Fisher has my full support.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Guest

I posted this in the rumor mill..... I hope it's okay to bring it here, because It's basically the same discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar