Was Fisher's comments on Volek right or wrong?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 20, 2006.

?
  1. Yes. It was a good move.

37 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. No. It was the wrong move.

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Playing Eddie 2 or 3 years past his expiry date is respect enough.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That stuff happens with every team..
    I lived SoFlo for 20 years and watched the Dolphins pull that kinda crap all the time.. Also being a lifelong Bengals fan I've seen much worse.. I'm sure some of you will recall the year Boomer came back to The Bungs, kicked much arse for the last half of the season then got the old Mike Brown cold shoulder when it came to renewing his contract...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Man, you should be rewarded for lasting that long.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yes, and his name is Carson Palmer!

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Just as MSTitan said earlier, I am usually understanding of your points SEC. But this last installment reaks of Fisher trying to save face. I voted that this was a good move by Fisher, only because at this point of the whole ordeal, we as fans needed to hear SOMETHING. Something other than the usual Fisher BS, if all this has done is gotten Jeff Fisher mad, GOOD JOB BILL VOLEK! For craps' sake we all know we want to see a bit of emotion out of our team and that starts from the top down. I did not think that anything Billy Volek has said in the past two days has been in any way harmful to the Titans organization. He just spoke his mind and was very respectful, but like the rest of us, just wanted some answers. I think this could've been much uglier, but I am very impressed with the way in which Billy handled it. Now it is time for Jeff to step up and do something with this team, he has no scapegoat now.

BTW, Gunny, I totally agree with your assesment of BV sleeping with Fish's ex, as I've hinted at in the last week. It's something much deeper than we will probably know.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Wasn't it...."anyone DEMANDING a trade....."?

7. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

:irked: I guess all this three ring circus is designed to keep us tuned while the titans become competitive again. The have probably hired a script writer to come up with all the stuff that´s going on and is still to come.

8. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Drew Rosenshaus is Billy's agent, that is really all you have to say for Billy's side of the story. Drew Rosenshaus is known for demanding money, trading, etc.... As for Fisher, I really believe he thinks that the fans have lost his trust. To some extent it is true, but I believe he needs to worry about the locker room and the play on the field. The NFL has alot of media circling around, most of it is with T.O. or teams that are really doing well... We aren't one of those teams, and did anyone see anything about this on ESPN or any national sports network? NO! they don't care about our 0-2 struggles... Both sides needed to shut their mouths and move on... But I'm glad Fisher retaliated, Billy isn't going to ever be anything other than the other guy/#2.... Especially in San Diego.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

anyone notice that all of Rosenshaus clients except for Pillar has been traded or cut. Rosenshaus was at the Titans camp today to talk to Pillar. Hope Hines was the only reporter to talk to him

10. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

:injured: Oh well, at least the comments showed some sign of life in Fisher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar