Was Fisher's comments on Volek right or wrong?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 20, 2006.

?
  1. Yes. It was a good move.

37 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. No. It was the wrong move.

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ditto

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

As the Titans World Turns :ha:

Chances are you are going to have to take part of what Volek said and part of what Fisher said and somewhere in between is the truth.:yes:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No doubt. But Fisher should be above the "he said, she said" BS.

If he had a beef with some of Volek's comments, he can do as he's done numerous times before and put out the word indirectly (the "LEAK") and then toss out the old "no comment" which would mean "I'm not going to lower myself to comment on whining crys of a backup QB" when asked about it.

Addressing it looks like desperation.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

TitanJeff sir, that is all fine and good, there is much there I agree with but had Volek just stuck to his word and not attempted to smear the Titans in the press, like he did, per their verbal agreement I'm quite sure Jeff Fisher would not airing the dirty laundry. Volek should just shut his trap. I heard that César Chávez called George Bush "the Devil" in a speech to a bunch of UN dignitaries today... the White House said his remarks did not merit a response... So that brings us to Billy and his old lady sitting in Fisher's office thanking him for getting him back to his native California... It was Billy saying that the Titans broke one off in him. In my view, he's breaking one off in us after making like it's all good in the hood and then turning in his remarks that precipitated Fisher's interview. Billy got his trade. That is how it all started. I do agree, the timing, just like the McNair was very bad. Typical Titans fashion. very sad. very sad indeed. :sad2:

5. even tho hes from california, they are gonna keep their house here in nashville cause they like it here

6. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I loved it...Fish was sounding a little like Bill Parcells...He needed to defend the franchise, and it's decisions. This org. has never been as nutty as it has seemed to be these past few months...There had to be more going on that what the public saw.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It is out of character for both Billy and Jeff.

Chris Brown asked for a trade but shut up his agent.
    Peter Sirmon asks for a trade, but is moved to the middle and was willing to compete.

Billy Volek asks for a trade, is unwilling to compete, attitude change, lieing, and throws a bit of mud.

I still think he slept with Fisher's ex-wife.

As far as it being a good or bad move, I think it was good as long as he keeps up the 'I take no ***** attitude'

8. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Sec 330 we are usually in agreement, somewhat but if I had to choose sides my gut tells me to go with Billy on this one. If Billy promised to keep his mouth shut then someone must have wronged him otherwise the Titans would have agreed to keep their mouths shut. Second, I don't trust anything that Fisher says at this point. I think he can be a very good elaborator. Billy Volek has always handled everything with class. Could have left Tennessee but stayed because he felt McNair needed him. Could have made a big deal about his contract last season ala TO but don't Drew Rosenshaus to zip it up. Can't say the same for the Titans. Look at how they handled the Godrey, George, (Carter, Rolle, Mason), and lastly McNair situations.

My gut tells me that the Titans deserve worse than what Billy dished out.

just my two cents

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I just wonder how many of the vets have taken notice of all of this.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What agreement? Volek sign something which said he couldn't talk to the press? And what is this, a reality TV show? Why does the head coach of a professional football team feel the need to address the whining of a backup QB as he leaves town?

I'd love to hear as much passion from him about running the football or giving up less than 350 yards of offense sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar