Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Warmack gets a “wake-up call” in first game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 11, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

Titans guard Chance Warmack learned a lot of things in his NFL debut.

One of them happened fast, like when Steelers safety Troy Polamalu went flying in between him and center Rob Turner on Sunday to get to quarterback Jake Locker just as he snapped the ball.

“To see players like that in real life, it’s a wake-up call,’’ Warmack said. “It just lets you know you are playing against the best of the best.”

Warmack, the team’s 10th overall pick out of Alabama, acknowledged he made some mistakes in his first career game, but the Titans thought he played well overall.

“I think he missed some things with the crowd noise with a couple calls, you know, when we’re adjusting calls at the line of scrimmage, protections. A couple times those things went on,’’ coach Mike Munchak said of Warmack. “But he’s physical. … He’s going to be a special football player we feel. It was a good start for him … but I thought he handled himself pretty well.’’

Warmack and the Titans offensive line will face another big challenge on Sunday in Houston against the Texans, and defensive lineman J.J. Watt.

Watt has two sacks in each of the past two games against the Titans.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak said he’s impressed with Warmack, who’s part of a Tennessee offensive line that also includes new starters in center Rob Turner and left guard Andy Levitre.

“We loved him coming out of college,’’ Kubiak said. “You can see how Mike has his team built physically, to be a physical football team and to me they made a statement from that standpoint last week in the opener. We are very impressed with the young man and we thought a lot of him coming out.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $127,138
    Different OL this year coming at JJ. Hopfully Warmack throwing JJ around can get this kind of reaction out of Bum's son:

[IMG]
    nytitaner high fives this.
  3. crypta333 Special Teams Standout

Verner
    Moolah:
    $785
    I hope Warmack owns JJ Watt in this game and gives him and the entire league a "wakeup call". Go Titans!!
  4. tnfan47 Let's Get It

McNair
    Moolah:
    $530
    Hopefully next time Warmack will catch polamalu in mid air and slam his arse.
    Titans Eternal, rodgev and The Hammer high five this.
  5. Ten_Titans Starter

Moolah:
    $7,911
    Warmack impressed me.

When he got behind Battle and pushed him for the first down.

That was two guys playing smash mouth Titans' football.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,006
    He was behind Battle because he got pushed into the backfield.

Just sayin'.
  7. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,046
    Polamalu cheated on that play.
    GoT, afcsouthdom and Fry high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,367
    Fixt
    GoT high fives this.
  8. trueblue901 Special Teams Standout

McNair
    Moolah:
    $6
    he actually pushed the defensive lineman into the ground and was free to block anybody so he pushed him forward.. it was 3rd and 3.. just sayin
    CJtheBeast and GoT high five this.
  9. titan520 Starter

Moolah:
    $2,373
    If I remember he did a decent job of sealing his guy...or was it his guy that made the initial wrap up? now I cant remember