Walter’s window closing fast

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

It’s looking increasingly unlikely that wide receiver Kevin Walter will play at all for the Titans this season.

Walter is currently on the team’s physically unable to perform list after undergoing offseason back surgery.

The Titans must decide by Tuesday afternoon whether or not to open a three-week practice window for him — during which time the team could choose to activate him to the 53-man roster. If the Titans decide on Tuesday that Walter isn’t healthy enough to practice in the next three weeks, then he’ll lose any chance of playing this year.

Walter has been doing some running recently, but it doesn’t appear he’s ready for practice in the near future, meaning the Titans are not likely to open the three-week window for him.

“He’s been doing some rehab running, but I don’t think it’s gone as well as we’d hoped,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “When (the injury) started, we thought it would be much less than it was. It just seems like it’s not responding the way we’d hoped.”

Walter, who signed a one-year, $1.005 million dollar deal with the Titans last offseason, had played in 47 of 48 games over the past three years.

“It seems like maybe my whole career, I’d missed less than a handful of games,” Walter said. “I felt great, wonderful coming in. It’s just a freak thing. I never expected to have an injury, let alone something like this. So I can only keep working, and I am excited to be feeling better.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

what a waste

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Let's see walter signs a one year deal, spend the entire ****ing season on the PUP list. Next year, after he is healthy anyone willing to bet he signs back with the texans....I can hear his little speech now "I want to thank the Titans organization, they are a really class act." I hate this crap.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

this guy just stole 1.005 million from our organization. oy

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I can think of at least two players in recent years who have stolen over $50mil from us too.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Damn, I thought I knew this team well. I read the headline and said "who??"

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Wimbley......CJ.....Griffin.......

8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Griffin is playing better. wimbley cj and stewart gots ta go though.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Lets not mistake not doing anything, for playing better. There is a difference, but its not enough to matter.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Damn... I had forgotten about Wimbley for a minute, and surprisingly I wasn't including Griffin - because when you play well I forget everything from the past.

I was referring to VY and CJ... but adding Wimbley in there, it's gonna be over $65mil (not sure how much guaranteed money he got).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar