Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big TT, Oct 16, 2011.

1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

As for WD they are so far from the comics that other than the big plot points, the barn on the farm for instance, I am just as suprised as someone who has not read the comics.
  2. AalexG

AalexG Camp Fodder

Love this show. 1st season was a lot better imo though.
  3. GoT

I think its gonna be faster in the second half of the season.
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

It couldn't be any slower.
  5. GoT

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Haha. I've still really enjoyed this season but it's hard to argue with that.

[​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

I still find it hard to complain about WD over moving slowly. It's why it's good..
    I could make a list of movies a mile long with non stop zombie action - none of which are near as good as WD - because they don't take the time make you give a fart about the story..
  8. GoT

I like the flashbacks from before the Zombie Apocalypse. That scene from the highway when they bombed Atlanta was awsome. After the birdies played dead against the cows I wanted to bomb Atlanta
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm with Cruds...

This season hasn't really bothered me as it has been everyone else. Yea, the girl was missing way too long and there was a big zombie drought, but I've enjoyed it.

And as GoT said, it should start picking up when it resumes.
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Oh don't get me wrong, this season hasn't bothered me by any means. I LOVE this show. There are a lot of great shows on right now and I find myself looking forward to new episodes of WD more so than anything else.

I have no problem with character development. I'm glad the show isn't just a whole bunch of zombie killing where the story is secondary. Still, I feel like there is a middle ground. They seem to be taking just a bit too long to get to the point.

I haven't read the comic so I can't speak to the pacing of it first hand. But a couple of my friends who have read it also say the show seems too slow this season. Like I said though, I still REALLY enjoy the show. And I have a feeling this was just the quiet before the storm like Cruds said earlier in the thread. February can't get here soon enough.