Walker message to the bullied boy Keaton

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MariGOATa, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Thats ironic. I’ve felt like this kid the past 13 years as a Titans fan

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Story has taken a twist today with the Joe Schilling stuff.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I don't condone bullying but this makes me feel old as f**k, I remember bullying was just part of high school back in my day, and the teachers would even tell you to grow a pair if you told. This was when cell phone cameras still look like a potato so there were several physical altercations between teachers and students...I remember one time this student tried to get all tough and swing on a teacher and the teacher tackled his a** to the ground and was pretty much sitting on him for a good 10 minutes until the student decided to calm down. No one got fired.

4. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

The way it should be. Oh the good ol’ days.

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

There is nothing positive about bullying. Absolutely no quality life lesson to be learned from that.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Maybe. But bullying old school was different. Bullies back then used physical intimidation- not social medial cowardly psych chit. If you got picked on, you learned to fight. You leaned to not be the path of least resistance. And you learned to be funny also.

Now it seems a bully can hide behind a digital facade and rally hate on a person en masse via social media. Very cowardly. And overwhelming. No real way to fight back, especially if you don’t know for sure who is attacking you. And it takes real maturity to use self deprecation as a humorous defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I don't see how that translates to life. You're not likely to get into a fight after school unless you're drunk at a bar or football game, or basically anywhere else. Kids who go through traumatic bullying tend to hold onto that and it affects them for the rest of their lives, and bullies usually go on to beat up their wives. I don't think either are better because of it

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Ugadawg86

Ugadawg86 Starter

Ca
    Can't you just ignore online bullies? Why do people actually gives a **** about what someone on the internet says? I never understood it. You can literally just ignore them.

9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

most adults don't even live by 'don't care what other people think' and you expect kids and teens to be able to?

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Ugadawg86

Ugadawg86 Starter

IRL is different the internet is a different story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar