wade is good...but pac is something else.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You actually need more speed and less agility on KO returns. Different set of people on the field. On punts you have big linemen blocking, but on KO's you have more agile people. That is why Pac accels at punt returns, he is elusive and can make cuts. Wade does better with pure speed up the field and usually just makes one cut to choose his lane.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

r u kiddin me have u seen some of the punt return hits....usually punt returners are hit harder...but still

i stand firm...pac is our faster player...he is faster then finnergan...and i think i would like to se finnegrgan start naother game he was pretty solid.

3. TM

TM Starter

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I remember one game here when Fisher decided to let some guy named Eddie Berlin:grrr: be the return man THREE times!:cuss:

And Pacman has muffed a couple punts this year, but managed to recover his fumble.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Yup. I can remember at least one that he dropped and was able to fall on this year. Every time he lines up to return I'm afraid we're gonna lose the ball. He's feast or famine.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

I wish that were true.

vs. Jets
    (Punt formation) B.Graham punts 50 yards to TEN 37, Center-J.Dearth. A.Jones MUFFS catch, touched at TEN 36, and recovers at TEN 36.

vs. Miami
    (Punt formation) D.Jones punts 61 yards to TEN 31, Center-J.Denney. A.Jones to TEN 46 for 15 yards (T.Minor). FUMBLES (T.Minor), recovered by TEN-C.Cramer at TEN 46.

vs. Washington....

(Punt formation) D.Frost punts 38 yards to TEN 43, Center-E.Albright. A.Jones to WAS 43 for 14 yards (E.Albright). FUMBLES (E.Albright), and recovers at WAS 43. A.Jones to WAS 43 for no gain (R.Cartwright)

vs. Baltimore
    (Punt formation) S.Koch punts 33 yards to TEN 39, Center-M.Katula. A.Jones MUFFS catch, touched at TEN 39, recovered by TEN-C.Bockwoldt at TEN 41.

There have also been a couple times when he bobbled the ball...not as bad as a fumble, but he's not fielding the ball as cleanly and consistently as he needs to.

Of course, the problem is, the guy is so incredibly talented, you almost have to accept the risk of a fumble. He's scored two TD's, had another one called back, and came within a step of breaking one or two more. Every single time he touches the ball, you know something is gonna happen. If not for the fumbles, he'd probably be the most dangerous return man in the league....he's just got to find a way to keep a handle on the ball.

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Jones had only a 4.45 40 time, as reported by the NFL 2005 pre-draft analysis http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/jones_adam. The Titans claimed he ran a little faster, 4.38 in private workouts. Still not nearly as fast as Finnegan, who ran a 4.33 and a 4.35 at his Pro Day. Roby is even faster at 4.28, which Reese claimed when he was drafted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar