Wade Hoping to Remain with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: WR Bobby Wade believes he has found a good fit with the Titans and hopes to remain on the team according to his agent. "Bobby absolutely would love to stay in Tennessee," Agent Jerome Stanley said. "I think he felt that they had something really special over the second half of the season." Wade is an unrestricted free agent who finished second to fellow free agent WR Drew Bennett on the team with 33 receptions for 461 yards and two touchdowns. His agent has not yet been contacted by the Titans on a new contract as the team is in the process of looking for a new general manager to replace Floyd Reese.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would really hope that we make him a fair offer. He seems to be developing some chemistry with VY. He is never going to be anything more than a good slot receiver, but a good slot receiver can be a QBs best friend. He also gives us help on STs as well.

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I hope to see the titans bring him back. I would go for a three year contract at an average price.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's well worth it. Seems like a good player not looking to break the bank. I'd lock him up for longer. Role players needed.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

I like Wade but I think you can find a Bobby Wade pretty much whenever and for however much you want

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

If you factor in he can also do punt return duties he's probably a keeper if he doesn't demand something crazy in the way of salary.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

DJB, I don't think so. Wade made a significant contribution this year. He stepped up at a bunch of points when we couldn't get moving and made a real difference. He's also a good returner. He's not worth star money, but he's worth keeping...

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I just hope we don't end up not re-signing him just because we don't get a new GM in place, it seems like that's all that's holding back negotiations

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think they keep Wade. He'll be cheap and will allow the Titans to use Pacman less.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

I'm not saying he's not worth keeping. I'm saying he's not worth spending too much on when you could get someone similar elsewhere. I think he's an average NFL reciever and returner. He's not an irreplacable piece of the team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar