Wade Gets Opportunity to Make Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

thanks just found that out before i got here haha...o well

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

So who is the odd man out at WR?

Our current list of receivers is:

Bennett
    Givens
    Calico
    Wade
    Jones (PUP)
    Roby
    Roydell Williams
    Orr

That's 8 receivers I'm sure we'd like to keep. Do we keep 7 on the active roster until Jones returns and then cut one then?

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I don't know about wade, but you have Roydell Williams 2nd to last on your list. I really believe RW will be our #3, #4 at worst this year. He may not have had alot of throws to him last year. But from what I remember, every time he caught a ball he was Flat out nailed. HE HELD THE BALL EVERY TIME. I have big hopes for this kid.:thumb:

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Calico might be the weak spot on that list. I don't think he'll get cut until after the 2006 season.

5. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

roydell and volek hooked up on a 76 yard touchdown once...maybe those two are gonna do well together

6. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I don't really like Wade. I aren't a massive fan of specific guys, especially returners taking a roster spot. He couldn't cut it at WR for the Bears, that says a lot to me, but we'll see.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thomas Jones couldn't cut it as a Running Back in Arizona but he killed it in Tampa and Chicago.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Jones could be PUP and Orr to the practice squad. We could also see another injury or even a trade that would shake things up. With Bennett in the last year of his contract any team who loses a starting WR to injury would be interested in a trade scenario. If the Titans feel confident in the young guys and Givens, not to mention Calico, Bennett could be expendable although right now he might be our best WR.

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

trading bennett is stupid right now....we have like 5 WRs who have played less than 2 years in the league...id have to say we would most likely cut players not trade arguably the best one we have at this time..

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I wasn't saying that they should trade Bennett. IMO he is the best we have. Still, if they really liked what they saw in Wade and Orr and the group from last year was really showing improvement AND another team was desperate enough to offer a nice trade offer it wouldn't surprise me to see something happen. Bennett is in the last year of his deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar