Wade Developing Chemistry with Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the Titans not having use of their top three WRs, Drew Bennett, David Givens and Brandon Jones, other talent is getting the opportunity to show their skills. WR Bobby Wade, who was acquired off the waiver wire last Decemmber, is beginning to make a case he needs to be a part of the talented depth the Titans have at WR. QB Billy Volek has hooked up with Wade on a number of nice completions so far during offseason workouts. "Bobby is a good wide receiver," Volek said. "He has lot of Derrick Mason in him. He is short, he is shifty, and he is very quick. I think he is going to help us out." His position coach also sees the potential. "(Bobby) works very hard and is an excellent route runner," Titans receivers coach Ray Sherman said. "He has a great attitude. I think his strength is being in the slot, but he is also very capable of being at the outside receiver position. He's been doing some good things for us."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i think we might have found ourselves a slot receiver...

now he needs to perform in camp and keep this up...

3. ya i agree, and a derrick mason type of receiver is just who we need

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

you talk about a logjam, well we got one @ receiver...

givens
    drew
    ty
    wade
    croby
    roydell
    orr
    BJ(whom will be PUPed)

5. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

Sounds Great But What ABout All Our Other WR's Where Do They Fit In?? Drew And David Have The 1 and 2 And I Been HEaring GOod Things From Someone Named Grant Mattos Who Ever He Is. We Are Gettin Deep At The Position But I dont know How Good Everyone Else is

6. Don't forgot OJ Small

7. Sadly, I don't think he has any chance... :cry:

8. There's still hope.............................

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No way Small makes it. Any other year, he'd be in the mix. We just have too great of a surplus right now unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar