Wade Block on Harrison Legal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: A block by Titans WR Bobby Wade that knocked Patriots S Rodney Harrison out of Sunday's game against Tennessee has been ruled legal. An NFL spokesman says the league's director of officiating reviewed the play and determined that Wade did not commit an illegal crackback block. Wade was ruled to have been blocking upfield and not back toward the ball when he hit Harrison below the waist. Harrison suffered a mid-level sprain of his MCL, which is one of the stabilizing ligaments of the knee, and is likely to be sidelined from 2-4 weeks. The Patriots were infuriated by the block at the time it happened. Harrison said he thought it was a "dirty play" and that Wade was intentionally trying to hurt him. Wade denied that the block was illegal in postgame interviews.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, here in Denmark there's a saying, and I believe you have it in English too:

"A thief thinks everyone steals"

3. DJB

DJB Starter

I read the Patriots said they saw Fisher wink and smile after the block. Of course it couldn't have been because the Titans had just made a good play. Just because a guy gets hurt doesn't mean it's a dirty play

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

It seemed to me that the refs failed to flag numerous personal fouls by the Pats in that game.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's Karma

They had a bad attitude & now it's hurt them for the playoffs :yes:

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

[​IMG]

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

defenseless WR anyone?
    [​IMG]

8. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Harrison, of all people, calling someone else dirty... that's actually very funny, but I don't feel like laughing.

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

eh who cares it was legal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar