Wade and Thornton Participate in Friday Practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: WR Bobby Wade participated in practice on Friday and announced he will play Sunday against the Jaguars. "I'll be ready to play on Sunday. It's a little bit painful, but I should be all right. I separated my AC joint, and obviously when you do that, you tear those two tendons in there," said Wade. Surgery after the season may be needed. LB David Thornton also participated for the second practice in a row today but is still questionable for Sunday.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I can't imagine playing with a torn AC. I tore mine and it was 3 months before I could even raise my arm above my head. I wonder what is wrong with Thornton's shoulder?

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Did you get you daily Cortizone fix like poor Wade probably has? It's amazing what athletes can play with given the right amount of hormones and painkillers... (and I'm not even touching the doping subject)

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I had a mild one & it wasn't too bad. I was back to full power in about 2 weeks. I guess there's a big difference between a seperation & a full tear TN.

You 100% recovered or did you lose any % of strength or range of motion?

I've got persitent rotator cuff trouble from another injury & have to avoid heavy flat bench press.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It took about a year to get full recovery, but I am a lot older than Thornton, Wade....I tore mine pretty good.....could even hear the ligaments tearing (6 little pops). Not a pleasant sound.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar