VY's injury

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Back to that Bucs game. The game that I think messed VY up for the whole season. I know the coaches are not going to come out and say that VY was playing hurt and that is why that he didn't run. Teams lie. Ask Jerome Bettis. The Injury was a bigger part to VY then what the coaches will tell you. Even when he did run, you can see he didn't have that same burst or speed he had last year. Last year he made guys miss left and right, but have you seen that this year NO.

Running stats for Young

First 5 games before Injury 32 carries 132 yards 4.1 avg. 1 touchdown
    -26.4 yards a game-
    -Longest run 21 yards-

Last 11 games injuried 61 carries 263 yards 4.3 avg. 2 touchdowns
    -23.9 yards a game-
    -Longest run 19 yards-

He had almost half his total rushing yards this year in the first 5 games. You be the judge.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

This post doesn't make sense. He didn't have almost half his yards in the first five games. He actually had about 1/3 of his yards in the first 5 games which makes sense. Now I agree the injury slowed him a lot but the stats aren't what will prove it, it's just watching the games.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The stats you posted totally disprove the point you are trying to make.

Anyone who can do basic math can clearly see that Vince had almost exactly 1/3 of his total yards, carries and TDs in the first 5 weeks (which is exactly what you would expect).

4. We'll see how he does next year. Without injuries. Hopefully his running stats are at 400 to 500 yards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar