VY vs Vick, McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

S. McNair and M. Vick are having great years right and V Young is the struggling rookie right. Well that's what the national media would pitch you but look at the number straight from the offical NFL stats
    QB rating-(that number that only NASA understands) Vick 66.0, McNair 64.1, V. Young 56.5-none are at the top of the leauge but it is closer than you would think
    TD's and interceptions-Vick has 3td's-3int, McNair has 5td's-7int, V. Young has 3td's-4int. again none are at the top but not much difference is there.
    Completion %-Vick 50.4, McNair 56.2, V. Young 47.5 again none are tearing up the leauge.
    Vick and McNari are being touted as saviors for thier teams while V. Young is still learning. Looks pretty similar to me.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I would hardly say Mcnair is having a great year... unless of course if you equate not being injured yet as great for Steve (i'll understand)..

I will say VY has impressed me in the last 2 games.. I totally expected him to lead the league in INTs after 3 starts and he's keeping that in check...

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

He's still got the 2 minute magic, but if you watch the games (yes I admit it), McNair has been terrible......all year.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Mac also managed to get hurt.
    Trying to compare VY to Vick by only looking at passing stats is ridiculous anyway. Vick has 401 yards rushing in 5 games.

5. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

True, the Titans have not used Vince's running abilities much yet. I think once Vince really feels comfortable out there, he'll run more aggressively than he has been.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Vince will be better than both of them. I know thats saying a lot but its what I think.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nothing new there then. McNair has been on a downhill slide since 03, he has our lack of national tv coverage to thank for his $12 mill. :hmm:

8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Correct. And QB guru Brian Billick of course.

:hitfan:

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

vince young is more like mcnabb or cunningham than vick and mcnair.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I hope he will pull it down more as he gets more comfortable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar