VY to get a Start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Actually, that's very unlikely. Young's contract is fairly cheap for this season, though his cap hit is higher, but it doesn't make sense to cut him for this season. It makes all kind of sense to cut him after this season. To me, I think it's most telling if we cut Ramsey, but I'm not expecting that.

If I were to make a long term prediction, it would be that we keep all three for this season, Young doesn't play much during the season, gets cut, and we keep Kerry and Ramsey for next season, possibly with a long term developmental QB. There are plenty of other options that are reasonably likely, but I think that's probably the most likely.

2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

even if the route was a curl the throw had too much air under it. a curl must be on a line and there as soon as the WR makes the curl.
    ________
    Yamaha Yzf-R7

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This clearly needs to happen. Young can't really get a 'fair' shot at regaining his starting job without at least getting a chance to showcase his skills with the starting group. I can see him doing much better by Saturdays game vs. Tampa (if that's when he starts). The TD he threw in the Hall of Fame game shows he can add that touch to the ball the successful QB's must be able to do in order to stay successful.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Is that classic Fisher-speak or what. I still don't know what he said. It's a triple negative!!

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol, Vince is still deciphering it.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I heard they ran 8 option plays today at practice and Vince was doing really well at them. Especially when on the edge with CJ, so the talent and ability is all there. We'll have to see if he can produce which i think he should be able to, when he gets his start.

7. chop

chop Camp Fodder

I hope he does great and we trade him on monday after that game for for pics next year

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We should trade him for Roscoe Parrish. :)

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh wait. We love CJ, but wouldn't want Roscoe Parrish? Parrish in the slot or returning punts would be a dream...
    So I won't even think it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar