VY Poll for fans and non fans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Mar 11, 2009.

?
  1. Bust and you hope he leaves the Titans without any further distraction

15.6%
  2. Hope yet if he restructures & sit's behind Collins for two years to learn & mature

60.9%
  3. Young has had bad luck and will return to be a great QB for the Titans

20.3%
  4. Young has had bad luck and will return to be a great QB for another team

3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

For sure the spin they like to put on how well players are doing at camp is a frustrating time.

We all know rookies rarely start no matter how good the reports on them are and our perennial under achievers all seem to be making moves.

I'd love for Fisher to allow reporters to tell it like it really is,just once will do.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

the Greco-American Athletic Community is offended ;)

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I blame it all on Norm Chow...

Seriously though, Norm Chow is the biggest reason why Kerry Collins was pure garbage in the '06 season. I laughed hard when UCLA got shutout 59-0 by BYU.

Maybe if 'Dinger was with us when Vince was drafted things would be different.

I do believe Vince has had some bad luck come his way. I think he'll be a decent QB elsewhere (eventually).

I don't feel like looking at the exact stats, but I believe that his TDs:INTs is 22:33.The thing that I will give Vince props for is his completion percentage improvement from '06 to '07... unfortunately that wasn't what most people noticed. He seems to play well on night games (MNF against the Saints and Broncos), so maybe we should put him in whenever we play on Monday night lol.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

VY might turn out decent, but i dont what the Titans to be the team that waits for that to happen.

I look for VY to be traded during the draft if the right deal comes along.

I dont see how Jay Cutler could be on the trading Block and not VY. thats 2 teams with 2 totally different views in QB progress.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The bottom line is that we can't give up on this guy the price is too high. Nobody is going to give us anything in a trade for vince unless he does a new contract so maybe we need to be the ones with the new contract.

A comparison to woolfolk or calico doesn't wash because neither of them were a ROY and neither of them made a pro bowl.

Again if we release vince now we have a $4M cap hit from him for 3 years! We need to get something for that.

6. SuperTitan

SuperTitan Camp Fodder

While I voted that Young has had bad luck and will return, I do not like the word luck. VY did not do what was necessary to learn a new play book. He decided to go to school instead. Now that he has committed himself, at least his agent has committed him, to doing what is necessary to learn the play book and get better, I think it is just a matter of time.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I used the word luck in the poll to keep it short. The number of characters you can use in a poll question are limited.Luck was a generous term but it was intended to be non judgemental for those still loyal to Vince.

There are so many poor QB's in the league that learning to make better decisions would seriously increase his value.I'm certain he will get another shot it's just a question of when & where.

If he blows it he'll have no one to blame but himself.

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

it wasnt based on a half a game. the whole suicide thing, running away from home and having the cops come and find you thing...your mommy saying that her boy is depressed crap. granted he played damage control after and said something like, i am fine. but during the rest of the season...you saw vy playing the loner card. i watch all the games on tv(because i like in wi) and the tv cameras would find vy sitting alone on the bench, head down, not watching the game or interacting with his teammates. if your the leader of the team, you need to be in there. benched or not. it was pretty disgusting watching the thrid string qb be more interactive then vy. vy could mature...but i dont really see it. he could be a great football player. but he wants it handed to him.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I watched every game on tv, too. You are exagerating his sideline demeanor. I never once saw him with his head down after the Jacksonville game. I refuse to believe you can know how much work a guy is doing on the sidelines by thirty seconds of footage of him.

10. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar