VY Overrated?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I want VY to do well, but I don't think anyone could get the job done with our WRs right now..hopefully I'm wrong and they'll step up this year
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Until VY develops into a good passing QB not 1 talented WR will come to the Titans. The WR's we have now some are good and some are okay but whenever someone starts a thread about how this WR should come here I just start laughing. I don't even read the thread. I like VY but he's not a true passer so why waste our salary cap on a person like Chad Johnson because he'll probaly only get less than 1,000 yards.
  3. Nine

Nine Starter

Disagree.

WR's are like any other free agent.....they're going to go wherever the money is. Look at Bernard Berrian; he went to Minnesota to play in an offense that runs twice as much as they pass, working with a QB that isn't even at Vince's level.

Once the Titans offer a WR big money, they'll have as good a chance as anyone at landing the guy. It's just a matter of finding one who's worth the money.
  4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Roy Williams is scheduled to be a FA next year. One can hope, but I doubt we'd pay to win that bidding war.
  5. The Playmaker

I was talking about the FO.
  6. The Playmaker

If VY shows he can be a passer this season then I'm all for it. Not to mention Evans is also a FA next season and T.J. Houshmanzadeh.
  7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I forgot about Evans... Don't want Housh. He'll get a big contract and a lot of his good years have gone by already.
  8. The Playmaker

Their was someone else too. Is it Chris Chambers?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.