VY Overrated?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

When VY came to the NFL their was incredible hype. He leads them to an 8-8 record and close to the playoffs. Everyone was praising him then. Last season even though we made the playoffs their was a drop off. Since the drop off everyone is hating on VY. So it's only natural everyone would all agree he's overrated. The thing is though, he's not. He'll have a great year this year and shut up all the people who looked down on him.

2. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

He doesn't win when it counts (at least so far in the NFL), meaning in the playoffs. His hype from the Rose Bowl has carried over but in reality he may never be a great QB in the NFL like he was in college

3. Them T-boyz

Them T-boyz Camp Fodder

Our defense did a heck of a job last year i must admit! But there were things that other defenses couldn't do because of VY's running ability and things that got other defenses out of what they normaly do. That is Why i made my original quote "that he wins" it's more than about stats!

4. The Playmaker

How is he supposed to win in the playoffs when his best weapon is Bironas? He's been to the playoffs once and it was against the Chargers. His rookie year they almost made it and VY had some great games that year like his game against the Giants. So until someone steps up and helps VY we don't know what kind of player he is.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Vince is overrated. It's true.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

lot's of NFL qb's go through "sophmore slumps" - that's why there's phrases like that
    it's possible that the bar that was set for Vince was a little high
    sure, you're gonna have expectations for a guy who had an extraordinary finale to his college career, to come off the bench as a rookie (which Vince's timetable to start activated a bit prematurely), and help lead a team to the brink of the playoffs - hence winning ROY and a Pro Bowl trip as said rookie .....
    we all (and they should all) ...(so, say we all ) know Vince had a hobble and the supporting cast wasn't much help
    yeah you saw he needs work, but you also saw he needs help

Dinger and guys like Johnson, Crumpler, hopefully Hawkins and for the love of god someone named Williams ,etc. are gonna give him some much needed assistance ..... but I'm not expecting "leaps and bounds" until late (if at all) this year and by at least week 2 of next

getting Heimerdinger now is kind of a blessing and a curse
    yeah ,it's a move in the right direction and an upgrade (imo)
    but the timing sucks

I'll propose that Vince sees at least a 10% improvement statiscally across the board possibly (if not much more in categories such as TD's (dangit!)) and I think we'll see some more running once he gets them feet back underneath him

all things considered, I think he's underrated as a result of being overhyped

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

thats a horrible argument.

everyone knows they win because the d and that great o-line you have. its hardly because of vy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think we win because of Vince Young. Mainly because we never won without him. You can look at it however you want. It doesn't matter. We are all together in this. There are winners and there are losers. And Vince Young has the evidence to back it up. He's a winner. Until he has a losing season, it's inarguable to me. You can certainly argue that he is not a great qb, or even average, and I will listen to you and politely disagree, but as far as being a winner, the evidence is all there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Playmaker

That's the main argument why Brady is better than Manning. Brady has more rings.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that was the main argument for brady before he got weapons and people realized he's actually a pretty good qb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar