VY hometown team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

A lot is being made of VY going home to houston and not being chosen by his hometown team. Truth is however is he was chosen by his hometown team when you think about it. Titans are the former Oilers of course and the city of houston pretty much blames Bud for leaving, Bud would say he was forced to leave by a city that would not step up to the plate and do something about the astrodome which had gotten to be a dump by anyones standards, remember the NFL even cancelled a preseason game when the field was judged to be unplayable by the refs(my admitted aged memory says this happened the season before the move). Truth may be somewhere in the middle I don't know, I do know that in the years since Bud brought the Oilers/Titans to Nashville I have enjoyed watching and cheering for them and witnessed many great NFL moments. I would like to thank Bud for three things, 1stly for being a visionary along with Lamar Hunt of the KC chiefs for starting the old AFL (my former favorite team btw), 2ndly for landing your team here in middle Tennessee when your city turned it's back to you, and 3rdly for getting VY, I look forward to many, many moments like we have experienced lately and a couple of SB's. I should probably also thank the city of Houston for being dumb*****es. And hey Vince welcome to your "hometown team".:)

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Love him or hate him but Bud is a genius when it comes to sticking it to the city of Houston :yes: :yes:

By passing on VY the Texans handed us the keys to the South for the next decade

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I hope Vince sees it that way. He's clearly gotten a lot of support here, I'm pumped for our new era...

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I was watching Brad Hopkins last night, and they were showing VY highlights of him in HS. Their HS uniforms were almost identical to the Oilers. Now he is going back to Texas and wearing light blue again. Things do come full circle sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar