VY: From the Outside Looking In

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ubiq, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2 Words... Norma Chow.

Didn't know how to call plays in the endzone. No screens, no Qb keepers or QB draws, no fake reverses. Anything to get the other defense off balance in the endzone. Teams watched us during the endzone trips and knew how predictable we were to run the ball. They knew we were going to run, they stopped it. When we passed they were ready. Didn't know how to use different players in the endzone. Ahmard Hall give him the ball and let him bust through. Not once did they give him the ball in the endzone to at least try and see what would happen or Chris Henry. Get Norma outta here.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Five words, no wide recievers and Norm Chow, ok six words. I am ready to admit that I have no idea whatso ever what Chow is trying to do in the passing game. It almost appears like he is pulling passing plays from a hat.:grrhee:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

1-10-SD 15 (11:08) 45-A.Hall right end to SD 14 for 1 yard (23-Q.Jammer).

4. Actually Jeff, didn't you see Ahmard Hall take that lil screen and pinball people over for 16 yards? Then he took that little handoff from VY, didn't have anything at first cut outside, knocked over like 3 guys and got us a first down. Thats what I like to see. Ahmard Hall runs with a passion like Earl Campbell did, that he was gonna run you over no matter what. It was too little too late.

5. Overalls

Overalls Starter

The poster basicaly said that every player on your offense is bad but the QB and that he needs more time. (I am not saying that Vince doesn't deserve more time.) Even I wouldn't say 10 out of 11 players on your offense is bad. But there he goes.

WRs Bad -check
    RBs Bad-check
    O-line Bad-check

I can see that your team has areas that need to be strengthened, as does mine, but dang, why praise the guy for saying almost your entire offense needs to be upgraded before you as Titans fans can be critical of your QB.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

We actually have a pretty good OL when healthy. As for RB, I wouldn't classify them as "bad". I think something more like "sufficient" would do.

7. DJB

DJB Starter

I think this sums it up pretty well. Some people have already labled Vince Young a terrible QB who will always be a terrible QB. Do people consider Cutler and Leinart finished products already? Alex Smith still isn't a finished product. When these QBs make mistakes it is chalked up to being a young QB who is learning. When Vince Young makes mistakes it's because he's not good. At least Cutler and Leinart have weapons to work with.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Leinart can't even get on the field, and when he does he has some of the best weapons in the league and still doesn't do anything. Cutler was absolutely shredded by the Chargers defense in both games they played. I think Vince faired well against them. Not to mention Cutler has a better supporting cast.

As for Alex Smith, let me just say that I thank God every day that we don't have that bum. That guy is awful, and no one ever talks about how big of a bust he is/will be because he's out on the west coast.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's not bad when he has a decent co-ordinator (Norv Turner). It will be interesting to see how he does with Martz.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I said at the beginning of the year that I would have been happy with 6 wins. And low and behold we came up with a defense and actually made the playoffs. The offense performed about as well as I expected them to and I pretty much figured Vince would struggle this year as well. We lost our top RB and Receiver from a year ago and defenses would change how they defend him.

Vince still has lots of work to do but so does the Titans front office. There has never been a great QB that didn't have a great receiver to throw to.

Joe Montana had Jerry Rice
    Terry Bradshaw had Lynn Swann
    Troy Aikman had Michael Irving
    and so on...

You get the idea, Young has no one yet, when he gets that guy we will be in very good shape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar