VY for Brady Quinn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Duby27, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duby27

Duby27 Starter

• Browns QB Brady Quinn for Titans QB Vince Young

Whaaaaa? Yeah, you heard me right. This would be much more than trading one guy who likes to go shirtless when he parties for another guy who likes to go shirtless when he parties. The beauty of this deal is much more than -- here it comes -- skin deep.

Tennessee has a core group of talent -- specifically a superb running game and very good defense -- that one season ago went 13-3. Kerry Collins is on his last legs and VY is a quarterback who can only use his legs. It's clear Jeff Fisher and the Titans staff have exactly ZERO confidence in VY.

The same is true for Quinn in Cleveland. Head coach Eric Mangini gave Quinn a legit chance to win the job and Quinn never did a whole lot to make the decision for Mangini. But there are coaches and scouts who believe Quinn truly does have the skill set and potential to be a good NFL quarterback. Put him in a solid environment, surrounded by quality coaches and good complementary talent and he could make plays. That's Tennessee.

As for VY, a move to Cleveland would offer Mangini a nice Wildcat-type threat for the future and other options with Young on the field. Mangini already has proved he's willing to make the bold trade and he could be just the disciplinarian-type that VY needs. And make no mistake, the Browns still would draft a quarterback in 2010. VY would be an expensive role-player next year, but his cap number is roughly the same as Quinn's and his contract would be much less moving forward.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/john_lopez/10/14/trades/index.html#ixzz0TwTRL8QJ
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

What do you think about this? Would this be a good trade?

IMO, I say no. Hold on to VY and draft a pocket passing QB in the upcoming draft. VY would go really good as a wildcat QB. Hell who knows. After he starts things could change tremendously. Which I hope the best for VY. I am a VY fan, and he just needs a 2nd chance. More than 6+ mins in a blowout. Start him to see what is going to happen next year.

Let me know what you think.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I thought about this too.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the good : Brady's been through a few camps and has some NFL experience
    the bad: he hasn't shown alot with the opportunities he's had

4. Duby27

Duby27 Starter

I live in Cleveland and I have seen Quinn play. Honestly I think he just played down to the level of the team. I dont think he has a very strong arm. He is not very mobile either. I like having the option of VY using his legs. I still think VY can do it, however he needs a chance. I honestly think we still need to draft a decent pocket passing QB in the draft. Someone with some arm strength and accuracy. We need to use Washington like the steelers did and give Britt the chance to run down the field as well.

After the bye week, if VY is not in the game then that tells you that titans FO has given up on him and maybe should be traded. However, I still think he is a damn good QB. IMO the titans messed up by drafting him. Just think what could have been with Cutler here. Don't want to get off subject so I will leave that for another convo.

Bottom line: If Kerry gives us the best chance to win then we will not win a game this year. Yes I know out D sucks right now but when the O goes 3 and out the D will never get the rest they need. They make big plays, steal the momentum and then O fails.

MAKE THE CHANGE NOW!!!! ITS VY TIME!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Guy on Acoustic

Guy on Acoustic Camp Fodder

Weak arm, afraid to throw downfield, relies on checkdowns, immobile.

No thanks

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Vince obviously can be more versatile
    but not even trying to run any kind of special package with him is ridiculous
    Vince is a guy I'd actually have occupy a RB / WR spot, as he's better with the ball in space than under center
    if I were a coach, I'd have the ball in his hands at least 10 times a game. I loved it when he ran for a 1st down the other night.
    you tell me how you are going to gameplan for having Vince and CJ at HB at the same time

all this meaning, I'd like to keep Vince around purely for his legs, with the option to use his arms every know and then. hell ,convert him to WR / HB / H or something I don't know. re-do his deal or whatever, but see if there's some way to keep him around

If I trade for Brady, it's not for Vince

7. OaklandTnTitan

OaklandTnTitan Camp Fodder

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I still draft a QB next year

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Quinn's house was reported to be up for sale.

Quinn has put his suburban home up for sale, fueling talk that he wants out of Cleveland. But the former Notre Dame star said his intentions to sell have nothing to do with his status on the team or unhappiness with the Browns.

"It indicates a house is for sale," Quinn said, joking that he appreciated the free publicity in a tough housing market.

Quinn, who is not married, said he's looking to downsize from his five-bedroom property and shorten his commute to the team's training facility.

Quinn said he has not asked the Browns to trade him, and that's something he would never demand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4558301

(same link)

10. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

Vince can throw too. He was accurate as a college quarterback, he'll be accurate as an NFL QB. His two years as the Titans QB we've had :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:ty receivers and crappy play calling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar