VY....exposed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I prefer a W and a ring than statistics, records, ratings. Have you forgotten that football is a team sport? I don't care if we don't have a Manning or a Marino but we have a QB that doesn't put a lot of number but is a leader, a winner and is willing to pay the price for a championship ring, is not selfish like Manning, VY always put the team first, thank his OL and his team before talk about himself.

Shut up and be a Titans fan if you don't like Young, you don't like the Titans and you aren't a true Tennessee Titans fan, ride the Titans bandwagon or go home because that bandwagon is going to reach the sky.

2. Sorry, but in case you didn't notice we didn't make the playoffs while Peyton Manning's team won the division.

Vince still has a lot of improvement necessary...

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hey, I really question your familiarity with Vince Young's work at UT. You sound exactly like Ewker, only smarter... by that I mean the constant references to the running he did and what not? It's like Merrill Hodge is at the door in a trick or treat mask... bottom line, Vince moved the ball through the air on a regular basis. His (or the Longhorns rather) play selection was very balanced. Your portrayal of Young seems kinda white-washed; like you want people to take popular generalization and just accept it as fact since you happen agree. Next you'll be telling me that he doesn't have all the mental facilities Peyton Manning has... or that he was successful at UT because his coaches simplified the playbook to the play selection screen from the Nintendo 8-Bit video game "Tecmo Super Bowl"... What of his actual passing numbers while at UT? Don't they reflect some ridiculous triple digit passer rating? Anyway, I hope he can show the same improvement here that he did in Texas from his sophmore year to his junior as well.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Since many Texas fans have taken to the time to explain how Vince progressed from his Sophmore to Junior year, I tend to believe what they say. I haven't watched every game, but I did do some research for both years. He had some really bad games as a Sophmore, especially against Oklahoma where he had less than 100 yards passing. Right now Vince is moving the ball through the air with his legs, like Mcnair did a lot. I just want him to develop into a pocket QB so he can beat you under any circumstances. There will be games where his legs will be taken away. I won't be telling you anything next because the season is over. I have only gone over what I have seen. There is no way to project what his mental development will be. Taking a sack at the goal line near the sidelines does kind of worry me a bit, but he has the rookie pass card going for now.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Exactly. The way it came across to me was something like...

"buckcle your seat belt it's going to be a wild ride"... most of the accounts ended in Canton. Regardless, those testimonials reassured me that he would make incredible messianic-like leaps in his progress. I just had a different take on that I guess. Where you see reason for concern I see reason to be hopeful. Wasn't his progress at UT more or less exponential?

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Not sure you can compare college progress to NFL progress, but we shall see.

8. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Camp Fodder

I think that while stats are not comparable between college and the pros, the rate at which someone learns can be. In other words, if Vince could quickly understand the nuances of the playbook and get chemistry with his receivers in college, he should be able to do the same in the pros...which has been noted to some extent thus far. Coaches Fisher and Chow have both commented on the speed in which he's grasped the playbook.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I have always looked at it differently. I believe if you can complete 62 % in college at the highest level you will complete 62% in the pros. You are playing the same players you played in college. If you were cream of the crop there, you will be cream of the crop in the nfl too. Vince did not play in some isolated region, he played against all other players currently in the nfl. He played against the best, he was best, and his stats were also near the best. All this talk about not being a pocket passer, and yet look at the ncaa stats, and the results. They beg to differ. While the talent level is concentrated in the nfl, and improves, so does the talent around you. There is nothing, in my opinion, from college, to suggest that Vince would be a poor pocket passer in nfl. Nothing. No question marks. It is an illusion to think there was. A perception. In 5 years he will be playing against an nfl that he already beat when he was in college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar