VY Criticizes McNabb on Comments..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The definition doesnt fit. One, what you accomplish as an NFL player, especially QB is concrete. You win games. He has certainly won his games, but he gets paid like he has won his games too. Up until last year, everybody, this board included, would rip Manning about not being able to win the big one. That, despite the fact he has won the division and had lead a superbowl calibre teams for years. Im sorry, but anybody who takes a $100 million dollar contract (or whatever he signed, which is close) has to take the pressure along with that contract, or give back the money. Grossman sucks and gets hammered daily, Eli gets hammered daily, Pennington gets hammered daily, etc etc. It isnt a race issue, its an issue of a guy who makes a **** load of money, and really hasnt performed to the level of his paycheck.

Edit. After re reading your posts, I think Im agreeing with ya, sorry, its late and I was reading fast and didnt catch the sarcasm.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I can see where Donovan says he gets more criticism than other qb's, but it's not because he's black. It's because he plays in Philly. They've always been extremely fickle fans. These are the same people who cheered when Michael Irvin broke his neck. But why is Donovan coming out with this? He has opened himself up to extreme criticism by not only Philly fans, but by the national media. And the national media hasn't really gone after Donovan since the whole Rush Limbaugh thing.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

First of all you completely took my statement about awards out of context. Nice job. How you managed to do that when I only put two sentences down about it boggles the mind. You can win all the awards you want, and still be treated unfairly, and be unduly critisized. That is fact. Not the joke you claim it to be. It happens.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Now as to your comment. I actually never said that. But if I did. I would think it to be mostly true. Material goods mean little at the end of life. They don't go with you when you die. You come into the world naked, and you leave it naked. I would rather have the respect of my peers and teammates than something material. When you talk to players, they always say, the best part of the whole deal was the kinship. Now as to your example, if Merrill Hodge's mind was changed, and he became Vince's biggest supporter and maybe even best friend, that would be something. When you ask Magic who is best friend is, it's Larry Bird, the one guy he hated for a part of his life. Winning over the beer stained bleacher idiot is actually more rewarding. Have you ever done it? The few people who win over their enemies probably feel pretty good about it believe it or not. It's pretty rare. When Vince Young walks into Reliant and every beer stained fan gives him a standing ovation, it will likely be the greatest moment of his life athletically.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What?

Ok so let's discriminate against black QBs as long as they get the fan love. :rolleyes:

The issue first and foremost is whether a certain player has been discriminated against because of race; has that player received less opportunity, less compensation, less honors because he is black. Mcnabb can't say that so we can move to the more superficial issue of fan love or media love. But this is largely the result of expectations and market. There are a lot of players who took a ton of grief during their careers only to be loved after they stopped playing. Look at terry bradshaw in pittsburgh and all the bitterness he had towards the fans. Ted williams and the red sox fans.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The hell, they better put a nice suit on me when I leave...:irked:

7. PhiSlammaJamma

By the way Roll Tide. The Houston Cougars are going to kick Alabama's *** in a couple of weeks. We have showdown throwdown soon. Anthony Aldridge is our best player at HB. He's fast. Other than that, we have one good WR Avery and little else. But I think we'll compete.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I personally don't think there is a single QB that has taken more crap than Payton Manning. Remember he is the guy who couldn't win the big one in college and until last year the NFL. Watching him carve up our defense like a surgeon on Sunday I remember thinking how could anyone blame him for the Colts not winning it all I will never understand, but before last year they did.

IMO the real problem is the city of Philly, those freaks have run off so many great athletes it's unreal. For those guys if your not winning they don't want you.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Because he always choked in the big game...

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dg, read my posts again because my view is the same as yours..

Hoffa, so it's ok to bash and make fun of manning for not winning a super bowl all that time but not ok to bash drew bledsoe, mcnair, mcnabb, collins, culpepper, vick, palmer. All high first rd draft picks making millions, all of them are or have been considered top 10 players at their positions. All combined with as many super bowls as manning had prior to last February.

Mcnabb signed the richest contract ever in the nfl....no super bowl ring..

Vick signed an even bigger contract, no ring.

What was it and still is it about manning that makes his accomplishments so much more important? Steve mcnair had a fine near hall of fame career but will never own a super bowl ring. Does that make him a loser?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar