VY back to school for degree

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Zephyr, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think you miss my point. The reference to Gage was simply to point out the faulty logic on speculating that VY's poor passing TD and high INT's would not have been so bad IF the WR's had played better.

No one is blaming poor red zone production solely on VY, but he is the QB of the team and the QB bears the majority of the responsibility to make proper reads and adjustments to get the ball into the end zone. He wasn't very successful in this regard and there simply is no denying it.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I can understand saying for the season as a whole he didn't greatly improve. But he had a passer rating over 99 in three of the last 5 regular season games. Where he didn't have one in the first 10 he played. To me that shows improvement as the season got towards the end. Also at halftime of the playoffs the guys on cbs were talking about how great he was playing. He actually managed that game fairly well with no turnovers til the game was out of reach.
    And he's not getting his degree to understand finances, he's getting it because he promised his family he would do it.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Riverman if the red zone offense struggles were because vince was making bad reads, norm chow wouldn't have been fired. We would have 3rd & 10 from the 15 and we'd be lucky if we had one receiver run a route past the first down marker.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Then he shouldn't have left school early without getting it.
    Obviously, what he promised his family was not the most important thing to him 2 years ago...but now it is? :rolleyes:

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm coming into this discussion pretty late and I just don't have the patience to read the entire thing, so I'm not going to try to argue either side.

I just have one question. Hopefully someone can answer it. Has Vince stated why he wants to go back to school? For example, what if he promised his dying grandmother that he would be the first person in his family to get a college degree? (This is purely hypothetical... I have no idea about the status of Vince's grandmother.)

It seems to me that there are many possible reasons (outside of football) where it makes perfect sense that he would want to go back to school and where we should all applaud him for it.

If he's just going back for something to do, then that's kinda weird.

6. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

:ha: Man, that's a long day. I hear ya, the man needs to eat, sleep and breath Titans football until he's got the thing down. After that, it's ok to go for the "extras" in life.

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Hoffa, it was important that's why it was a tough decision for him. He decided it would make the most sense to be a guaranteed top 5 pick and go back to school later than take the chance of losing it all.
    Torontotitanfan-From what I hear is it's something he promised his mom when he decided to come out. I also believe he will be the 1st to graduate but not positive on that.

8. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Serious question--does anyone have a list of all of the guys staying in Nashville the entire offseason. I remember that none of the WRs did last year, so Vince flew them all in for a week.

If there aren't at least 4 staying in Nashville staying all offseason, maybe they could all move to Austin since I think there are at least 4 spending the spring there.

If it is such a big deal, maybe Fisher and Dinger can spend the spring in Austin. They are paid a lot-I don't want them just sitting in their office by themselves all spring.

9. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

By the way, I am too lazy to go find who posted that VY didn't progress and about how great Manning and Brady are, note that in the final 5 regular season games Vince had more games with ratings of 100 than Brady did and the same amount as Manning. He played well down the stretch.

And the Gage comments are ridiculous--the receivers are arguably among the worst 3 units in the NFL, and cost him more plays than they made for him. None of our receivers would even make the roster for NE or Ind except maybe as a special teams player.

Surround a healthy Vince with playmakers and look out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar