VY 10 pass attempts video. Judge for yourself

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He needs a game like the one he had in Buffalo as a rookie. He didn't have gaudy passing numbers but he ran well and had a couple of TDs bringing the team back. He made plays with both his arm and legs and that had to be a big confidence builder.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's why I got the signature back up.

3. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

I'm not saying that the vid should change anyone's mind about VY's play overall. But you have to admit that his play was not horrible but average.

For those that are saying that he was throwing short passes all night. Go look at KC and Ramsey's passes. Most of KC passes were short passes that guys were able to run for more yardage(Crumpler and Washington.)

Oh yeah, the prettiest pass VY has ever thrown was the pass to Roydell in that KC game a couple of years ago.

To me, it appears that VY needs to get rhythm before he can be effective.

Surprisingly, nobody talked about his hit on the guy who intercepted the pass.

4. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

To use a baseball anaogy, Young's off speed pitch is his running ability, and he's not running enough to keep the defense honest. This is his 4th year and he still has the same accuracy issues he had as a rookie. If he has any chance at all to make it in this league he will have to utilize his legs.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I agree 100% with this post. However, considdering that this is practice and the PS, and Vince already knows how to use his legs. I'm thinking that he's using this time to work on things he on which he needs to improve.
    If he does happen to get a start in a RS game, and he doesn't use his 'off speed pitch' to his advantage then, that's when I'll get worried.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

At this point, I think I'm done thinking about his below-average passing in that game (and every game over the past few years) and I'm back to being stumped as to why he seems to no longer be able/willing to run the ball effectively. There were moments in that game where he could have taken off and he should have easily had the first down. Pass #3 in the video (low to Hawkins at the sidelines) stands out as a play that should definitely have been a Vince run.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ I agree, he passed it but he had gotten past the Bills player he could have run it.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I also noticed something else upon watching that video. When Vince did the hand motion that his headset was out, he made those motions, then started to turn towards the huddle and get back in formation but looked back towards the sidelines (I'm assuming at Dinger) THEN ran toward him. I'm almost positive that Dinger motioned him towards the sidelines to give him the play. I could be wrong, but maybe Dinger wanted Vince to run the play that Dinger wanted him to run because...
    I'm really thinking that Dinger and Fisher are focusing more on getting him to manage the game moreso than anything else at this moment. I would be way off though.
    Now whether all this will help his footwork/reads/decision making, remains to be seen.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

After watching it more - the worst play WAS the INT... but not for the reasons we've all discussed. He missed the blitz coming from the right side and had to release the ball a little too quickly to Hawkins (who then obviously broke the wrong way).

BUT if he had read the blitz properly - Chris Davis is WIDE open about 20 yards downfield on a post. Everyone knows you throw into the blitz... if it's coming from the right then most likely you're going to have a huge play open on the right if you can see it. Granted it was what his 2nd play, and probably wasn't really thinking about reading the blitz yet. But his passing is improving - he really needs to get the mental game down to turn the corner.

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

:ha::ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar