VOTE - Greatest Titan Ever

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 31, 2014.

?
  1. Eddie George

23.2%
  2. Steve McNair

56.5%
  3. Keith Bulluck

2.9%
  4. Jevon Kearse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Albert Haynesworth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Derrick Mason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Frank Wycheck

1.4%
  8. Chris Johnson

2.9%
  9. Vince Young

1.4%
  10. Bruce Matthews

11.6%
  11. OTHER - Write in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

This franchise has always been a black hole for receivers. and Tennessee has been a black hole for QBs and WRs. Basically everything but RB and OL, since 1999.
    Bennett had a few good seasons. I bet Manning could have made some of those WRs look Pro Bowl level.. but you are right. They were not good.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Well, I was at the game the Titan fans boo'ed him, and people weren't too keen seeing him in Ravens purple.
    But like I said, he deserves respect. However, people lionize those that have passed away, when they don't have much to say while they're still alive.

3. nickmsmith

yeah. I was around for that 2005 season. Mcnair was pretty real terrible, and fans (mostly justifiably) weren't too fond of him.I got free tickets to probably 5 or 6 of the home games that year.. and it was pretty hard to watch.

He was bad to me the second he hosted the "Ravens Rally" in Nashville and I haven't thought well of him since then.He burned the bridge, then peed on it, IMO.

AFAIK, no other "Face of the franchise" QB has ever done something like that. Epic.

him getting busted cheating on his wife was the end-all of that. Lost all respect for him. I wish it wouldn't have ended like that.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its pretty frustrating if you actually go back and look at what 'attempts' were made to actually move the ball.

You spend an entire draft to take three guys, and only one was a somewhat decent prospect in Roydell Williams. You spend money on Givens, to have him medically retire and then basically give up on finding anyone else until drafting Britt. Troupe was the only legit prospect and that was a failure.

You finally bring in Gage and Washington and I HIGHLY doubt that anyone thought Washington was going to be what he finally become. This team has spent so little on guys that actually score points its no wonder we are where we are. Our running backs over the years were Chris Brown, Travis Henry, and Lendale? Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

I roll my eyes when people say the fans could not do any better. We sure as hell could have during those years, wouldn't have been too hard.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The invested fans like many of us here could have for sure, if we went back to 2011 2012 draft threads, many of our own mocks would have been dream drafts for the Titans.

6. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I vote Matthews. Peeps underrate the value of the o - line. The fact that the man could at anytime, play any position on the o line at a top level is amazing. Wycheck is underrated as well IMO. McNair doesnt survive to become what he became without that security blanket. I know my opinion may not be popular. Guess I see the game from an O linemans point of view

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Worst Titan of all time: Al Del Greco!

Lost so many tight games because of him.

I'd vote for Air McNair, but he went to the Ravens and played so well there after a year of playing terribly for the Titans, even though we traded him he should have sucked in Baltimore so my vote goes to THE BEAST! Plus in that era the running game was actually relevant, and dictated the outcome of the game just as much if not more than the qb.

8. nickmsmith

who?

9. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Eddie "The beast" George

It's always been Eddie "The Beast", Jevon "The Freak", and "Air" McNair..

Right?!

10. nickmsmith

never remember hearing The Beast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar